Hello everybody

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by kevbot, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevbot

kevbot New Member

Hello there everyone. This is my first post here, so I'll just introduce myself. My name is Kevin, and I'm having suicidal thoughts. I'm 35, I was diagnosed with bipolar manic depression when I was a teenager and was on Prozac for a few years. I'm pretty much an introvert, and over the years my small group of close friends have all moved on. Recently my girlfriend left me, my best friend and I lost our house and he disappeared, and I lost my job of 10 years. I'm a college dropout and I'm having trouble finding work. I miss my ex-girlfriend terribly. I've been taking Wellbutrin for about three weeks now and over the past few days my thoughts and emotional well-being have really taken a turn for the worse. I don't want to harm myself, but I'm having these thoughts all the time now and I'm so lonely and miserable. Anyway, I'm not trying to be a downer. I guess that's why I'm here.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Kevin so sorry to hear about your gf and the struggles you are facing right now hun. I am glad you are reaching out for some support Your wellbutrin should be kicking in soon hun it takes up to 6 weeks to fully be affective. I do hope you meet someone new but for now you work on getting your stronger okay hugs to you

3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Welcome Kevin, you have come to the right place, there are very many caring souls here to befriend you and walk your journey with. Sorry to hear about the negative things that have happened to you, life is very hard at times - only in the movies and our assumptions/expectations are things meant to always be hunky-dory (unfortunately). But we can learn skills to help turn things around and renew perspective. Do continue to unload and, no one will judge you for any of it, so welcome!

4. kevbot

kevbot New Member

Thank you total eclipse. I have another appointment with my doctor in about a week, and I plan on asking him about my Wellbutrin. I'm hanging in there. I'm not in a "state of emergency" yet, but I've been dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts and attempts for a long time and I've just never opened up to anyone about it. I'm glad I found this forum. Thanks again!

5. kevbot

kevbot New Member

Thanks urP. I know that there are a lot of people who are worse off than I am, and I know that I've actually been quite fortunate. I think that my main problem is my mental illness, and I'm hoping that my medication will start helping soon.

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

we don't compare others pains hun your pain is as important as others I am glad you have a doctor to talk too as well and i do hope the medication starts to kick in soon hun hugs

7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Kevbot and welcome to SF. Glad to have you here, and I hope we will be able to help you. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.