Hello everyone...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Timewarp, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timewarp

Timewarp Active Member

Well....I'm rather at a loss on how to describe myself. I'm no stranger to online forums....but I've never joined one that deals with such a serious issue. What can I say about myself and my introduction that won't sound pedantic or trite? Well...I suppose I shall just stick with the basics and go from there.

I'm Timewarp, but my real name is Christopher. I'm 27 years old and I live in the state of Oregon. I have struggled with severe depression off and on since I was about 10 years old. I did not have the best of childhoods, and my adult years have fared little better.

Before I typecast myself as a completely "doom and gloom" persona, I do have my little moments of light here and now. I enjoy my hobbies immensely; those predominately being an avid bibliophile and sometime writer. I love animals, especially cats and I volunteer at a local animal shelter.

As I said earlier, I've never been much good at these types of introductions. I'd like to make new friends however and anything you may wish to know about me...all you have to do is ask.

I look forward to being a part of this forum and giving/receiving help for those of us who need a shoulder to lean on now and again. Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2012
  2. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Nice to have you on board, christopher and cooee also from those of us from the commonwealth of Australasia (as well as) :bubbles:

3. TheRunaway

TheRunaway Active Member

Hello, Christopher! I know it's hard describing yourself in a blank, white box. I didn't know what to say in my introduction either. :tongue: I'm sorry to hear of your struggles, but I think you've come to the right place. Everyone that I've talked to is super nice and understanding. As for the picture, I'm not sure we're allowed to post pictures of ourselves for privacy reasons.

Hope to see you around! :)

4. Timewarp

Timewarp Active Member

Thank you Leif and TheRunaway. I appreciate the welcoming.

Yeah, I just read the rules on that more thoroughly. My mistake.

5. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Hi Christopher.
    Welcome on board! Good to meet ya.

6. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Neg, you are right; you are not allowed to post your own photo (or that of anyone you know) because it is a breach of personal safety and because of the nature of SF, it is far too easy for someone with the right knowledge to get to you in the Real World or spread abuse about you through social network sites.

Still, that does not mean you cannot use one of the already default site avatars or upload one of your own, as long as it is tasteful and does not go against site regulations... but hands of Bubbles - she is mine! :biggrin:

:bubbles::bubbles::bubbles:

7. Wispiwill

Wispiwill Well-Known Member

Hi Christopher

You write? Can I ask what kind of things you write? It sounds as though you have a reasonable array of pleasant activities to help with your depression (I'm assuming here that it does help). I hope so anyway. I'm glad you seem to be doing so well.

Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.