Hello everyone! :)

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Margret, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Margret

Margret Member

I am new here, and pretty excited to find out about this forum. I have been looking for emotional support for a long time...

Besides that, I also listen empatethically and show compassion to the people that really need it. :)

I am not going to share the story of my life in this particular thread, but I'll participate in several other threads, talking about the things that I have been struggling with and for how long. You are also welcomed to read me there or to contact me via private messages.

My topics are: depression, suicide ideation (and a few attempts), recovered drug addiction, EDNOS, panic attacks and agoraphobia.

Besides the sinister stuff, I have a strong sense of humour and I am a polite and mannered person. I have studied 2 years Psychology at University, and one year of Theater Management. Currently, I'm working on my portfolio as a writer and on another one as an artist (I'm happy to show my work to whoever is interested! :) ). And I'm also trying to figure out a direction for where my life is going, emotionallywise and professionally. You know, independence, emotional maturity, stability, all that...

The depression and the panic attacks are making my dreams unreachable, and I really want to overcome these demons in my mind. So, before I see a psychiatrist, I want to make some order in my life: I started eating healthy and exercising more. But I'm often having problems with motivation, and I don't always follow this healthy lifestyle. I think this is where the depression takes its toll... Ironicly enough, I'm doing all that to also fight depression :))

Enough about me for now. I'm looking forward to reading you! :)
  2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Hello Margret.
    It's good that you found this site. When I first discovered it and explored, I was very pleased with what I saw and read here. Not pleased to read that people are depressed, but pleased that there exists a good place for people to go and discuss it with their peers. After being here for some time now, I have found this place to be very well put together, well managed, and beneficial to all who use it. I'd love to see some of your artistic work (I am in the entertainment field myself and am published as a writer). Good to see someone with similar interests. I hope you'll get to know us all and find some benefits of being here too.
  3. Margret

Margret Member

Hello, pickwithaustin! Nice meeting you! :) I'll send you a private message about my work...
  4. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Awesome. Okay.
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just want to say hi to you Margret and welcome to SF
  6. Margret

Margret Member

Thank you, total eclipse! Looking forward to reading you! :)
  7. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Hello. Welcome to SF.

I'm an aspiring writer - although I seem to have hit a mode of "writers block" - and i'm also an artist - but a musical one lol.

I don't quite understand what EDNOS is - and this is the 2nd time i've stumbled across it. Might need to read up a little about it.

As for the motivation - have you considered a kinda "timeline plan" ? Create one for a standard week and fill in core basics that you want to achieve but stagger it.. say.. if writing a novel - give an hour a day to it? Add in the exercise/food timings to help you see where you'd have time to maybe add in extra activities that are your hobbies.

Just an idea - but I hope you find the support here worthwhile. :)
  8. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

hello and welcome to the forums.

hope you find this place supportive...
  9. Margret

Margret Member

Hello there, fighting_the_tide!

EDNOS means Eating Disorder Not Other Specified; for me, it means that sometimes I would eat more food that usual which I would then throw up; and other times, fast for a few days (not eat anything).

Thank you very much for the suggestions and feel free to send me private messages! :)
  10. Margret

Margret Member

Thank you Emily83! >:D<
  11. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hello Margret, and welcome to SF. I'm a writer too, not a professional writer though but it's something I love to do. Used to be a bit of an artist too, and I bet your work is really good :) Thank you for offering to help people here, and we will be here to support you as well.
  12. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi Margret. Good to meet you. Glad you found this community. I think its a great one !! :hug:
  13. Rita Bonita

Rita Bonita Member

I like you, already! I can relate. I think you might want a psychologist more than a psychiatrist, though, as psychologists will focus on techniques to help you overcome your panic/fears, whereas psychiatrists are more there to prescribe pills as a bandaide solution without fixing anything (with some individual variation, of course). I can tell that you're very smart, and I have no doubt that someone like you can learn how to beat these fears.

Best wishes.

14. Margret

Margret Member

Thank you, Witty Sarcasm! :hugsquish:
  15. Margret

Margret Member

:hugtackles: Thanks a lot, Flowers! I am sure it is! :)
  16. Margret

Margret Member

Thank you very much for your kind words, Rita Bonita! (I'll call you Pretty Rita :))

Yeah, you got a point... Maybe I will see a therapist (again). Until then, I'm gonna try to recover on my own.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.