Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by newmommy5, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newmommy5

newmommy5 New Member

Hi everyone,
    I guess I'm just going to put it out there and see what happens. I am a new mommy. I just had my baby 4 months ago, I am a stay at home mom. And when I say stay at home, I mean stay at home. The only time I go out is to grocery shop or if I'm going somewhere with my husband (which doesn't happen often). To make a long story short, I found out my husband cheated on me (and was continuing the relationship via phone) about 21 days before I gave birth. So to summarize I have a lot of things going on in my life, that I feel could vary well be the cause of me feeling down, but I feel like you don't see it that way while your feeling it. I have tried talking to many different people about it (mostly family or friends). And everyone says they understand, but I feel like everyone wants you to tell them why you feel that way. And I feel like if I knew why I felt that way, I could solve my own problem...any who I have a lot of thoughts and feelings, but I guess this is a good place to start.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi newmom welcome to SF I am sorry your husband did this to you hope you have a therapist to help you through this marriage therapist even if you go on your own hun it will help

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi newmommy. I am so sorry your husband did this. So very sorry. Hard enough with all the changes and challenges you are going through now. But to have this happen in addition. This is terribly isolating in and of itself. But then to be stuck at home all the time.

Sometimes new moms also can have post partum depression. Which would only add to the pain. I do not know. I just wanted to mention it. Of course being a new mommy and being stuck at home and finding out your husband cheated on you is enough reason to bring someone here. But I did want to mention it because sometimes when people have post partum depression they cannot answer why they feel as they do. So this is why I mentioned it. And also because I am a pain in the butt and sometimes quite annoying. Or so my "kids" tell me :hug: :)

anyway, this is a great community. I am very glad you are here. Write as much as you want or need. As many times a day as you want. There are many areas in which to write. And there even is a diary area where you can write to your hearts content. I use that when i need to vent to myself. of course others can read it. But thats okay with me. newmommy, when you are here, you are not alone. :arms:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.