Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by cavegirl79, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cavegirl79

cavegirl79 New Member

Hello there

I'm a bit unsure about all this, but I dunno - I guess I wouldn't be posting here if I wasn't at the end of my tether.

I'm 28 years old, from Lancashire and I suffer from OCD, Emetophobia and as of 4 weeks ago I was diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety. Things have got really bad for me the last few months and I feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel and that I'm losing my grip on everything.

My emet is sky high at the moment and I'm severely underweight because of it, eating is such a problem for me and I'm not sleeping very much or able to relax because of it. I've got absolutely no life anymore, nothing to live for and no prospects of anything changing soon.

I've been to see my GP who is great, she prescribed me anti-depressants, but I haven't been able to take them because I'm too scared of side effects, I tried to explain it to her, and she did understand but really wanted me to give them a go - it's 4 weeks since I got my prescription and I still haven't taken them. I'm just too scared and ashamed to go back again and see her...

I didn't mean to ramble on so much on myfirst post - just wanted to say hi you all really - hope to get to know folks a bit better.

Thanks for reading
    cavey
    x

2. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Hey :smile:

I'm glad you managed to open up a little, and I hope you continue to do so and seek support from all of the wonderful people here. I know how hopeless everything can seem sometimes, and how hard it is to keep going. Take things one day at a time, you'll get there. And don't be ashamed to go back to your GP, if she was helpful before chances are she will be again.
    Take care of yourself, you can always PM me if you want to talk,
    Lauren :hug:

3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum cavegirl :hug:

4. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. You really ought to give the meds a chance. The side effects can't be any worse than what you are already dealing with. I am glad you found us. We will do what we can to help support you. :hug:

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :hug:

7. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Hug4thanewb! :hug:

8. florizel

florizel Member

Welcome Cavey! You've come to the right forum! People here are so nice. Hope you'll make new friends soon. PM me if you wanna talk.

9. painfulbliss

painfulbliss Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum. and i hope u feel better. and the forum is very welcoming here, and there are a lot of caring shoulders and open ears, and if you ever need to talk im here.

10. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

welcome to SF x

11. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

:welcome: to SF :hug:

12. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to SF. I'm always online and if you need any help finding your way round the site, knowing what is what round here or just want a general chat, my PM box is always there.

:)

13. cavegirl79

cavegirl79 New Member

Thank you so much for your lovely welcomes - it really means a lot to know I'm not alone, I've been looking at posts and stuff and finding my way round, and it's a great resource.

hugs to each and every one of you ((hugs))
    Kath
    xxxx

14. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

hi and a warm welcome to SF i look forward to chatting with you

hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.