Hello, everyone.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Enceladus, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enceladus

Enceladus Member

Hi, I'm Enceladus, and I'm new here. I just recently found out about this forum. I've suffered from severe depression for about 15 years now (as well as a slew of other mental health issues). I'm heavily medicated for it, but it isn't doing enough anymore. I think about suicide all the time and have attempted it before and ended up in the ER one time and in a mental hospital another.

I'm going through some very rough times right now - I recently graduated from college and got a really good job, but I had to move a thousand miles away from my family to an area where I had never been before, and I don't know anyone here. And my girlfriend broke up with me about a month ago, just before I got the job (moving actually made me closer to where she lives...).

I post some on various forums, but no one seems to understand or care when I mention my mental health issues. This places seems a lot different. I'm not sure what I'm looking for exactly, but I hope to find it here.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. Congratulations on the new job. Give yourself some time and you will meet new people. It is always difficult when you move away from the familiar. Maybe you will make some very good friends in your new town. You mentioned your meds not helping enough anymore. Are they going to do some adjustments to try and help that? I am guessing since you moved so far away that you will need to find a new doctor. Maybe they will have some ideas on how to get things moving in a different direction for you. I hope to see you more around the forum. We are a supportive group of people from many different walks of life. I hope you find what you are looking for. Take care and stay safe. :hug:

3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.

4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

:welcome:
    You will always find someone willing to listen here :hug:

I am sorry you are going through rough times. Hopefully you will meet some new people soon like Gentlelady said :smile:

pm me if you ever need someone to talk to.

5. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

:welcome: to the forum here. we're glad you're here

6. Lou

Lou Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF

There's always someone around on here to chat with :smile:

{{{hugs}}}

7. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF

Sam
    x

8. innocencexisxlove

innocencexisxlove Well-Known Member

:hug: Welcome

I can't say much, because it's pretty much what everyone else said.

At SF, there's always someone you can talk to. So don't be afraid to reach out a hand for help. :smile:

9. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF. I'm sorry to hear about your struggle... I hope you find the support you need. I'm around if you ever would like to talk. Take care and stay safe. :hug:

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :welcome:

11. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

welcome x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.