Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by roughnrowdydowdy, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roughnrowdydowdy

roughnrowdydowdy New Member

Hello I never thought I would join a forum like this but I guess when things get bad enough in your life you will turn just about anywhere for answers or help. I just hope im not to far gone. Im 26 yeras old from Virginia and Im like anyone else that comes here I got problems but seems like in the past few months they have all piled on all at once.. I feel trapped like their is no way out.. it's hard to explain so i'll keep it short I work a crappy part time job, still live with my parents and have no direction in life, I did have direction but it all changed when I got diagnosed with osteo-arthritus and a torn meniscus a few months ago and it has pretty much led to severe depression.. I used to play semi pro football, play basketball and do boxing all the time and I recently lost 60 lbs went from 350 to 290 and felt good for once because it's the lowest weight I had been in years and I have always been active and worked out since high school even at that weight but lil did I know the all the damage I was doing to my joints from the years of exercise and losing weight back and fourth took a bad toll on my body and im pretty much in pain daily now and the weight is coming back on because it's so hard to exercise at times.. I had to give up boxing and basketball recently which I loved doing... But It just seems like a lost cause anymore. Im in pain daily when I try to exercise... Someone said go get operated on or get some shots in the knees and get it fixed well it's kinda hard to do with no insurance im sure people can relate to that and then my friend suggested get on disabiltity check... Well Im sorry I would rather die then depend on society to keep me up for my mistakes I made at such a young age.. I no longer have many friends, just a few, I dont talk to my family no more then just a few words, I feel like such a failure I just sit and cry sometimes thinking back on all the chances I had to change my life over the past few years and just couldn't do it now im paying for it and I know it's only gonna get worse years down the road and I dont wanna become someone who depends on drugs for pain or other people to do stuff for me.. It's took a emotional toll on me more then anything and people dont understand how hard it is to deal with depression and thoughts of suicide on a daily basis.. It's not a matter of if it's a matter of when, I think about suicide everyday or everyime I try to workout and cant because of pain.. If they ever pass that assisted suicide law and make it legal that will probably be the day when I end the pain.. I just hope I can hold out until that day comes... My name is Sam by the way and im sorry for the long paragraph but I dont usally express myself and always keep my feelings hidden, but now I just dunno what else to do I cant talk to my family or friends they wouldn't understand but im hopeing this forum can help some by reading stuff and talking to people who experience the same things, and to know im not alone in the daily struggle helps.

2. KJAB

KJAB Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hello Sam. Welcome. Afraid I don't have any huge words of wisdom. Just welcome and whether you believe it or not, all your feelings are so similar to mine, and maybe lots of people here. Guilt, regret, no hope, despair, loneliness. Just one thing, I'd advise speaking to someone and / or going to see a doctor. Good luck.

3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Greetings and welcome to the forums.

4. Jehuty

Jehuty Senior Member

Hey and welcome to SF Sam!

We're happy you visit us for support.
    We will do our very best to support you in any way possible.

If you want to talk to someone please send me or someone else a message and we'll do our best to help you.
    My message box is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. :)
    Also be sure to join the SF chat for support or if you just want to chat.

Take care,
    Jehuty

5. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF Sam.

:hug: xx

6. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Welcome to SF Sam! :)
    It's never to late to start again and it's good that you've come here instead of bottling things up.
    Just by joining you've made a positive step.
    I hope you find the support you need here. :hug:

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum Sam. :shake:

8. roughnrowdydowdy

roughnrowdydowdy New Member

Thanks for the support that's hard to find these days.. Obviously some days are harder to deal with then others but coming here and reading and talking to people seems to help.

9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Sam, Welcome aboard...Why don't you rethink the part about going on disability so you have insurance.. You can keep a part time job, as long as your not making over $800 a month..You have paid into the system all these years.. That is what disability is for..I have been on it for like sixteen years because of my mental status..I am finally getting the right meds to keep me stable..But I still have alot of issues that only therapy can help with.. Being on SSI is nothing to be embarrased about..

10. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hey Sam, welcome to the site.

I agree with the post above mine. If you got on Disability, then you would have insurance; and then you could get the treatment you need. Being on disability wouldn't have to be permanent.

11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome :) :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.