Hello everyone.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Freekarl1, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freekarl1

Freekarl1 New Member

I'm not much of a poster so sorry if this seems strange as a form of post.

I've had feelings of depressions and suicide since the age of about 3 I think. I was sitting in my math class the other day and remembered an attempt that came about from duress when my father and mother were having a fight. I had leapt from the top of what I thought were high stairs at the time (5 stairs) headfirst intending to somehow make all the yelling stop. Thoughts of suicide subsided until I was about 11. They've been incessant for the past 7 years and it's becoming the major factor as to how I identify myself.

I'm not sad, there's been no real major trauma to cause any of this, I'm just empty feeling and I find it really hard to do anything most of the time. My grades have been suffering for years. I'm a senior in high school now and I've not done much since 6th grade. Though surprisingly I've not failed a grade.

The reason I'm finally talking about this is because I need to graduate high school and I don't want to upset my current girlfriend if I snap.

Does anybody else feel this way? I was trying to find stuff about it but it was just stupid prevention sites instead of anything genuinely useful.

Loking back on all the stuff I wrote makes me feel like I'm whining about it.
  2. fweeps

fweeps Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF...i hope you find the support you need here..:)
  3. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

Welcome! I feel the same way!
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to sf :)
  5. Pilko

Pilko Active Member

You are definately not whining...welcome to SF
  6. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.
  7. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

welcome to SF :)

i hope that you find the support that you want and need here :hug:
  8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey welcome to SF sometimes it is a chemical in our brain that is just off abit so we can't function. Talk to your doctor and see if you can get some help now so you can be stronger I am glad you came here for support.
  9. Freekarl1

Freekarl1 New Member

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
  10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forums. I hope we are able to give you the support you seek. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.