Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by gakky1, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Greeting all, signed up a few weeks ago but this is my first post, but have been coming here most days reading thru the threads, it's helped a bit. Not sure what to say, I'm in my 40's, live in upstate NY, have been working in the same office for almost 14 years, unsure how much longer though. Have always been single, really have always been alone, the thought of being around others is getting to the unbearable point,:sad: just called in sick again today. Been seeing some therapists/doctors off and on for the last 2 years, am on 3 kinds of medications though I think the effect of them are wearing off. I'm not sure why I feel so down, miserable, hopeless, etc,:confused: every day I think I'm getting closer to just doing something to ending this, just have always felt so guilty and ashamed feeling this way when others have more of a reason for also feeling so bad. This post must be so boring to read, that's me, I'll end this now so you don't fall asleep,:robin: that's what I'm about to do, go back to bed and hide from the world for a few more hours, I'll be back later, sigh, probably wrote 200+ words without really saying anything, sorry about that,:i'm sorry: not really sure what I should say or do, just know that this may be a good start.:huh:
  2. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Hello gakky & welcome to Sf, no need to be sorry about your introduction! It takes a lot of effort to make that first post.
    Members here will be able to empathise with you, most of us have felt similar to how you are feeling right now.
    I fully understand the 'going back to bed & hiding from the world', I spent a few years doing that too!

I look forward to seeing you around the forum and trust that we can be of some support to you.

3. boo

boo Well-Known Member

:welcome: to SF :D
  4. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses, just been really struggling more than usual as of late, hands are shaking so bad sort of difficult to type this. Not much to add on from before, think it's easier to answer questions than to write a brief bio. Took more time off from work until at least Monday:huh:, think I'll spend some of that time browsing thru, maybe it'll make it easier to discuss my problems and such, thanks again for any responses, any type of tips or threads to read or any kind of questions or whatever would be appreciated.:-o
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi glad you reached out Lots of people can relate and understand. Have you talked with your doctor about maybe changing your medciation a bit as it does sometimes wear off. I spent whole day in bed myself so i can relate Keep posting okay nice to hear from you.
  6. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Thanks Violet,:lolabove: they decreased my meds which was a mistake, now back to where I was before, feel so-so, well actually worse than so-so. Yeah, wish I didn't hide under the covers so often,:robin: seems like my fave place in the world too often.:lone: Thanks again, been going around to the threads and trying to read and post, figured that would be a healthy thing, wish there wasn't so many people who hurting though it's good that we may be able to help some of us.:smile:
  7. Things

Things Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums, Gakky. :)

The reason you feel like this, mainly is because of depression. It's a sickness, and beyond your control. You shouldn't feel like you have to earn a 'right' to be sad, everyone has a right to their own emotions. You can't compare your situation to someone else's, as we all react differently to different things. Like my mom said, "shit is shit", basically.

I wish I could word this better. Anyway, again, welcome. I hope you find the support you need.
  8. Addy

Addy Well-Known Member

Hi gakky1,

Hope you are feeling better! ...and no you havent bored me! Im glad you decided to post us! Welcome to SF!

9. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your welcomes, been going around and trying to read through some of the threads, my thoughts and actions are not as unique as I thought. I'll try to stay active, coming here it looks like it'll help me stay on somewhat of an even keel, may have even left the house today but the rainman didn't cooperate, thanks again for your responses.:sheep2:
  10. Things

Things Well-Known Member

Yeah, this place is great isn't it? :)
  11. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is, wish I could add a few comments to help others but I can't even help myself,:unsure: like I had mentioned just going through in the beginning and reading others stories, comments, tips etc is what I need most of right now, I can already feel a bit of difference coming here.:cool:
  12. Things

Things Well-Known Member

Don't worry to much about commenting, just try to get comfortable here. :)
  13. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Thanks again, I already do, need a map, there's so much here!:cool:
  14. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

welcome to SF.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.