hello everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by xfootballer, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xfootballer

xfootballer Member

So damn here i am posting on this forum, always knew i would end up someplace like this but it feels strange to actually be doing it. its like i'm finally giving in and admitting that i'm depressed and have been depressed for as long as i can remember. Anyway here i am wasting time and my life instead of doing my physics homework for class thats due in 8 minutes. I just no longer see any point in doing it or any other homework. Changed colleges to try and run away from how i feel but here i am screwing up at this college already. Sorry for the long rant, i just need to vent and if i try to talk to anyone about this i get the whole damn "you need help speech!" or oh no suicide is a sin and your going to burn in hell because you gave up on christianity! Ugh

2. Leelee

Leelee Member

Hi. My name is Lee. I'm glad you decided to post here. I can't believe that people actually say such a cruel thing to you. Do you go to a Christian college? If you need someone to just vent to, you can message me or email me. I promise I won't ever tell you you're going to burn in hell :)

3. xfootballer

xfootballer Member

Hi lee thanks for the response. No i went to OSU but was desperate to try and get away from my high school life so i threw myself into church and tried so hard to make it work, i'd always been semi religious but never all out. And well i convinced myself that i was happy and that god was real and all that bullshit for a while until it all came crashing down around me and i found out that my "friends" were pretty hypocritical, except two and me being the fuck up i am pushed them away like i do to everyone. I switched colleges after that to try and get away from it all but it didn't work because the problem is inside of my head.

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I am glad you found us and decided to join, even though it would have been nice to meet under different circumstances. It is never easy to admit to ourselves that we may have a problem. Well, you have made it over that hurdle. Now I guess you have to decide what you want to do about it. I do hope you will allow yourself to have a support system to help you deal with some of the feelings that will take over at times. Keep posting and venting here if it helps. We are based on peer to peer support and many of us can relate to where you are coming from. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.