Hello Everyone.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Isolde, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isolde

Isolde Active Member

Hello Everyone,

My name is Lauren, and I really don't know if this is the place for me, but I need help and company, so here I am. I'm thirty years old, and I'm sure that I'm going to be one of the older members on this board, and that caused a moment of hesitation when I signed up.

Anyway, a bit about me. As I said, I'm 30 years old, I'm a graduate student studying physics. I've tried to kill myself several times in my life, and I've always struggled with self harm in some way - including cutting, which I'm really really trying to stop. I suppose the easiest explanation as to why I am in this state is because I have severe body image issues. I'm a transsexual woman at the begging of my transition. I know that not many of you will understand what that totally means or how it affects a person's life. But, I'm coming here to stay alive. Because I'm having a hard hard time doing it by myself.

I actually do have a lot of supportive friends and family I could turn to. But I just can't bring myself to ask them for help. I don't want to burden them with my problems. I don't want them to think poorly of me.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you all.

-Isolde

2. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

hi isolde
    welcome to sf
    sounds like youve alot going on atm hope you continue to post here

3. Seems_Perfect

Seems_Perfect Well-Known Member

Hi. I can say this site really has helped me from the stand point of being in a community where people actually understand what it is we're all dealing with. Sometimes its nice to just post a thought, other times something like the arcade is just enough to take your mind off other things. Welcome and I wish you the best.

4. The Scream

The Scream Well-Known Member

Hi Lauren =]

welcome to sf :hug:

5. Isolde

Isolde Active Member

Thank you all for the welcomes.

I kind of don't want to be alone right now, so it's nice to see people saying hi.

6. space_monkey

space_monkey Member

hi there ive only been here 2 days myself but hello !

7. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...there are many ppl over 30 here...please find a way to identify one trusted friend and see if you can tell him/her that you are not doing so well right now and see where it goes...people who truly love you would want to be there for you...and no, you will not be a burden if it is a true friendship...welcome again and glad you decided to post...J

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!! You have come to the right place for support and just an ear to listen to you.. We will help the best we can to support you!!

9. Pécheur

Pécheur Account Closed

:welcome: to SF.

:shake: pleased to meet you, I hope you find the support you need.

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:welcome: to the forums xx

11. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi nice to have you here and hope to hear from you on the forums and in chat hugs pm me anytime as well okay

12. Isolde

Isolde Active Member

Again, thank you so much for the kind welcomes! I'm really glad I joined here. Even just reading other people's posts has been helpful for me.

Like I said, I just need to stave off some loneliness, and all these offers of people to talk to has been incredibly uplifting. Thank you thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.