Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by YoshiLebrax, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoshiLebrax

YoshiLebrax New Member

I'm not really good at making introductions so I'm going to try to make this as simple as I can.

I'm a 15 year old female with probably too much on my mind. Lately I've been feeling like I just want to give up. I'm not talking about suicide, but rather just stopping everything in my life and becoming a mute. I feel that nothing has a purpose anymore, and everything I do, is just going to be over-looked and/or ignored by everyone else.

One case of this, is with my boyfriend of almost 9 months. Whenever I talk to him, I feel that I'm not good enough for him. Whenever I try to start a conversation about something in my life, he will completely switch directions on me, and start telling me something about him. He doesn't even acknowledge the fact that I'm trying to open up to him, to seek his comfort. That's what kills me. (Hypothetically speaking, of course.) Him doing that to me, causes me to lose hope. Hope in my future, and hope in us. If someone I love doesn't truly care about my life, then what will my life be like as I grow older? I feel that I am being one-up'd all the time. (Feeling that my peers are more superior and more important than I)

My boyfriend isn't the only case in this. With most of my friends, (I wouldn't really consider them 'friends' but more acquaintances.) I'm just a person to talk to when feeling down. I'm always there for them to listen, and to give advice when needed. But when I try to reach out for help and comfort, I'm always pushed away.

I fear that this is how it will be when I become an adult and live my adult life. I'm trying so hard to over-come these feelings and to just forget about them completely. But after so long of trying without succeeding, I guess I can't do this alone.

And that's why I'm here. I feel that maybe trying to talk to strangers with similar problems might ease my thoughts a little. Because they say that sometimes a stranger's advice is best, right?

So thank you for listening to my story. (in this case, reading) I hope to find some of the answers I need here.

2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Welcome :)

I hope you let us get to know you while you're here on SF.

Making your introduction simple worked; I understood everything you said :stars:

3. distress

distress Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF, you will find there are a wonderful bunch of people here that will help you and they are a PM away.

All the best

4. spiritxfade

spiritxfade Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF. I'm sorry you feel that way, but people here will listen (or read, I guess) if you need to vent or to talk about your feelings.

I hope you find the support you're looking for here :)

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi you glad you are reaching out for some help hun hugs to you

6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome..glad you found us...I hope you get the support and caring you are seeking...welcome again, J

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

hiya, and welcome =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.