Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Snake, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snake

Snake Well-Known Member

Hola, my name's... well it's not Plisken, both that and my username form the complete codename of the main character from John Carpenter's "Escape from New York", and my avatar is Solid Snake from the videogame Metal Gear. But enough trivia for now... well actually no, my real name is a two year old Lady Gaga hit.

Ok enough.

I may look cheerful, but I'm suicidal. But it's strange, sometimes I want to kill myself out of misery and deppresion, as far as I can remember, ever since I was like 7 years old I wanted to die.
    But other times, I'm having a good time and then I suddenly want to end it all, die and never regain concioussness again.
    I suffer from social anxiety, sometimes I even get stomach aches just by being around people in a social gathering. Ironically, I have no problems while performing in front of 200+ people in a play. I guess because as an actor, I get into the character, so I'm not me but somebody else.

I decided to join these forums because not everytime I have someone to hear me out, and those few who hear me have lives of their own... not saying you guys don't but we share a common struggle, my friends and family don't. And since I don't take any drugs, when I'm truly deppresed I resort to drink heavily, like I did last weekend. I'm not an alcoholic and I don't want to be, but if I keep up with that stuff, I know I'll end up worse.

I think this introduction is long enough, I already met some of the guys in the chat last night, I hope you all have a wonderful day and points up if you figured out my real name!
  2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

HI Snake and welcome to SF... look around here some at your own time and connvience. yes we will understand some of what you face everyday cause we do the same.. tc, Jim
  3. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. :)

I can see that. In the play you are performing a set role, with predefined things to do and say. It's not a casual social activity, with most of the things associated with social anxiety already determined ahead of time. No surprises.
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Snake, and it was wonderful meeting you last nite...welcome and I hope you find the caring and understanding you seek here
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.