Hello from Australia

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Pilko, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pilko

Pilko Active Member

Hi Everyone

Like many other times in the last 10-15 years I have wanted to escape from my life, I have made poor choices but on the exterior I have appeared strong, generally happy, career orientated and a social person. Really, when I am alone I scream in pain inside. I cannot function sometimes when I am alone or I cancel things. I make even poorer decisions out of loneliness and I contemplate an end to it all on a regular basis. This weekend I was ready to go and really I know I will feel that way again.

There is too much to do and I don't know where to start. I haven't talked to anyone, because if they knew my secrets they may run. I have a brother who suffers from depression, I only know this through my parents. He is successful and has a family and is happy.

Me I have a great new job, a wonderful 13 year old son. A few close friends, no boyfriend, because I do not want them in this hell with me. Bills that are unpaid and little money. I feel I am about to get caught out on a mistake I made with my previous job and that from a reputation point of veiw I could not handle it. On the surface I appear fine to everyone because I smile and talk and no one would ever know

Mandy, I appreciate that you chatted with me independantly. I think this site has helped me for today. I am not sure what will happen this week but the realization has hit me this weekend I am not fine.

Thanks All, nice to meet you.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Welcome and please keep writing and reaching out lots of support here fighting the fight with someone is always easier so please keep posting let us help .
  3. busenbust

busenbust Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF, and please take care of yourself :wave:
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forums :D :hug:
  5. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site Aussie :p Wish you the best! :)
  6. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

welcome to sf :D
  7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Pilco!! I'm sure the longer you are here that you will find similarities in others.. This is a great place to make friends and get support..I wish you all the best.. Take Care!!
  8. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

Hey! and welcome to sf :smile:
  9. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums :)
  10. Emo_kitty

Emo_kitty Account Closed

Welcome to SF
  11. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome:to the forums. Recognizing and admitting to others that things are not okay is a huge step toward seeking and finding help. I hope you can find the sense of support you need here with us. :shake:
  12. no_point

no_point Member

*waves* hello fellow aussie...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.