Hello from Down Under

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Tim72, Oct 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim72

Tim72 Member

Hello everyone who is hurting,

My name is Tim and I have suffered from depression and anxiety for most of my adult life. I used to have a great career and now cannot hold down a job for longer than six months!

To make matters worse, my beautiful wife of 18 years made the tuff decision to leave me amicably after 18 years of marriage. The last 5 years could hardly be called a "relationship" as I put her through the trauma of several medication overdoses and did not show any love towards her which must have been extremely painful for her. She was the most loving and giving person I have ever met.

Now I have to live with the guilt of what I put her through. Although I am glad that she finally made the decision to end it because she deserves to live a happy life. And trust me-the old saying "you don't know what you have until you lose it" is with me 24 hours a day. We are currently going through the painful process of selling the house. I am living with my mother who is hurting badly because she is losing a daughter in-law. It is not helpful when she reminds me that I stuffed the relationship up and I finally had to tell her that comments like that are only pushing me closer to the edge. It was not emotional blackmail as I am sure many members on this site would understand.

I feel guilt, I feel like a burden and I spent the whole day yesterday searching the web about ending life without a great deal of pain. Because I am such a wuss.

Then I found this site and I am glad I did as I know that there are people just like me who are feeling the same way. I know that time is the healer of MOST wounds as I lost my father to cancer at age 57 in 05. But right now the emotions I am going through are so painful that all I can do is pace around the house.

Thanks for reading me introduction post/essay.
  2. solarflare

solarflare Well-Known Member

Gday I'm from Sydney, joined today and went through a divorce about 6 years ago and my career as a software developer fell apart around about the same time. Had to sell a gorgeous house, been suffering most of my life etc, I know the feeling.
  3. Tim72

Tim72 Member

4. Tim72

Tim72 Member

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Well at least you made it to this website. That is a minor positive.

I hope that things improve for you in the future. I know it takes time but it is bloody hard time hey?
  5. solarflare

Sure is
  6. Tim72

Tim72 Member

Hey, because we are in a similar situation, I am open to talking to you but fully understand if you don't want to.
  7. solarflare

Would be happy to I guess, I'm new to this all
  8. Tim72

Tim72 Member

Good to hear. I only signed up today as well. You can ask me whatever you want. I don't mind.
    Can I ask if you have had much support from mates or family?

Because of my past occupation, all of my good mates are interstate and that makes things harder
  9. solarflare

No one knows. Everyone thinks I am the hardworking supersmart wonderboy who never gives in to any difficulty, is resilient or whatever. I cant and wont tell anyone how I feel.

What do u do for work if its ok to ask? Do you get much support?

I might not be able to answer anymore tonight, I'm on this secretly without the wife knowing. Will be online tomorrow night hopefully as I have night shift at work.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.