Hello from me

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Rubberduckie, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rubberduckie

Rubberduckie New Member

Hi People

Just joined the forum last night and I'm hoping to avoid leaving my children fatherless.

Without going into too much detail, I've struggled with mental health problems for decades (I'm 42 years old now),I've overcome drug and alcohol addiction been clean and sober for 10 years now.

Last year was truly shitty, got divorced, lost my job,lost my house,attempted suicide and ended up in a mental health unit for 6 weeks and also got declared bankrupt.

In the 14 months since my divorce my ex-wife has had about 6 different boyfriends and its confused the crap out of my kids (we share custody 50/50).

She's now announced she wants to move with the kids to another city 12 hours away, from Sydney to Brisbane and I don't have the funds to take out a court order stopping her. My kids are the only reason I'm still here and I'm rapidly running out of reasons to keep going.

If anyone has experienced similar problems I'd really appreciate some advice
  2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Duckie so sorry you had so much go wrong for you lately.. Understand really very tough now..is their any kind of legal aide there down under??? Che ap but competant??? Might google search some looking for it..

Got a son of my own who without life would not mean much at all.. Do understand!!! Best of luck getting some help with all of this..

In the meantime try to keep talking with us..TC, Jim
  3. Rubberduckie

Rubberduckie New Member

Hi Jim

Thanks for the kind words. Legal advice is free here but after that I'm on my own. biggest hurdle I'm facing at the moment is contemplating suicide is never far from thoughts in recent days/weeks and I know from previous attempts that I'm currently in a headspace where its increasingly likely I'll wind up doing something about it.

In the past I've sought medical help when I'm in what I call the danger zone,but this time I really can't see the point and I feel an eerie sense of calm.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOu get the medical help hun you have custody of your children 50/50 right she cannot take the children away from you if you have that custody You cannot leave you children hun they need you their father don't pass on that suicidal gene to them hun don't do that ok Show them there is help hun teach them it is ok to reach out for support when one is struggling ok hun do that for them and for you
  5. Rubberduckie

Rubberduckie New Member

Every time I've sought medical help they either give me anti depressants (that make no difference) or section me under the mental health act.

My ex wife has made it clear that if I end up in a mental health unit, I wont see the kids. I'm tired off going round in circles to the point where i've been practising tying knots and read the books by Derek Humphry and Philip Nitschke.

I'm about done here,I love my kids to bits but thats all I have and their mother will do a good job raising them.I completed a DIY will kit (not that i have anything to leave) so i'm going to wait until after christmas and then i'm ready to go.

thanks for your help again
  6. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Rd- am so sorry to hear about all that has gone wrong for you hun - but when all our own strength is gone and used up and we find ourselves going around in circles in a dark tunnel, it's time to look upwards, rather than down. You may or may not believe there is a higher power who can help you and mend your life, but I know from experience that there is hun, and that He is there for you too, to experience. I pray with all my heart that you might consider this route as the alternative which is always open :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.