Hello from NC

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by greg42innc, Oct 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greg42innc

greg42innc Member

Hello I just wanted to stop in and say hello

I have never participated in a forum before so this is certainly new to me.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi greg42innc nice to meet you
  3. Samara

Samara Account Closed

I have been on other unrelated forums before coming on here... but I guess something I learned about forums in general, is that each has their own atmosphere. They are like little communities, sometimes even like cliques... I dont mean cliques in forums... but they are almost at times like your own little clique you come to, that you have things in common with, and have a place to discuss a topic that nobody else would just get... and it's 'exclusive'.

I would say that this forum is by far though, less nasty and more understanding than other types of forums I have been on. You can approach people here, or be approached by people... instead of feeling like nobody really gives a crap all the time, or feeling entirely invisible... (yes people feel that way here, but it's not the same as actually having people ignore you, and your posts, and basically everything....).

May I ask what you are expecting... if anything... from your participation? Something you are looking to find here?
  4. Songie

Songie Well-Known Member

Welcome ^_^ You're from North Carolina too?
  5. empty101

empty101 Well-Known Member

Very true. It's one of the *very* few places you can talk about suicide/depression without someone coming in and being rude.
  6. greg42innc

greg42innc Member

I am not sure what I am looking for here on this forum. Maybe some peace from others that have been at the end of their rope and by some miracle they found an answer to their plight and was able to recover the life that has been so drained from them. I have just come to the end of my rope and feel that there is no alternative or way out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.