Hello from Perth, Australia.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Seano, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seano

Seano Well-Known Member

Looking objectively at the irony of being happy to have found this forum, I am almost laughing for the first time today, but yet that probably describes my true feelings after having done my best to distract myself with anything in the way of social forum types of online activities over this past Winter. This maybe what I have been looking for all along.

Today marks the beginning of the fourth year since my return to this 'fatal shore' as Robert Hughes would call it, and to put the past three years into a few words, it hasn't been much fun. At this stage, I should elaborate only briefly that the combination of long-term illness and bureaucracy have left me in rather chronic pain and the resultant poverty that goes with it, and the only options that now seem open to me are to continue suffering until God decides my time has come, or basically put myself out of my own misery.

It is not easy to put carefully into words the reasons for joining without sounding like a pitiful, self-absorbed worry-wart, although I feel obligated to briefly mention that I wonder very much at this time about such things as the 'afterlife' and how self-induced euthanasia might result in some sort of spiritual punishment such as reincarnation as a battery hen or eternal damnation. That is probably the major sort of 'philosophical' topic that I am seeking more learned opinions from both thiest and athiest sides, if that makes any sense whatsoever.

I admit to being more than a little confused in joining here today, and will do my best to learn what is okay and what is not okay beyond the FAQ rules read already. Above all else, the distraction of being here is of some help in passing the hours between this Thursday morning and Saturday night's lotto draw, and so I thank the forum for being here at a time when nothing else seems all that relevant.

Maybe there's a chance I might get lucky on Saturday and then remember the way I feel right now so as to do what I can to help some of the others who might happen to chance along this same road one day.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2009
  2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I have chronic pain too. I had to stop working because my ability to cope was gone. There are a lot of things I can't do anymore and I focus on the things I can do.

Welcome to the forum, I think you are going to get a lot out of this experience.

:hug:

3. Seano

Seano Well-Known Member

My gratitude is great to find evidence that there is intelligent life on this planet, and so I thank you for your kind welcome to me, Chargette, or Vivian if I may use your name as you may call me Sean as long as I am not too bothersome. Other names are applicable then, and I shall leave those to your imagination and that would be okay coming from a friend..

More to discuss if I can get the right version of Sun Java on this Linux machine and enter the chat room, but it maybe just the forum for me to rant on for now. I have another question in mind but will post in the chat if I can, or post in an extant thread as yet undiscovered, or else strike a new thread.

Thank you for your kindness on this sad day - it really means 'the world' just to read a reply.
    :smile:

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF seano. I hope you can feel at home here with us. :shake: :grouphug:

5. Seano

Seano Well-Known Member

I thank you also for your welcome message, Gentle Lady, and have delayed my thanks for a little while so as not to post to frequently in this intro thread.

I also understand that you would know far more than I about privacy matters, and having read briefly the rules, see that my last name maybe no problems for myself to provide, but still not encouraged, and by the same token, mentioned the rough geographical location of the public hospital wherein my fears were initially formed, would not mention the exact names so as to protect the guilty just the same as the innocent.

I do hope that my post in answer to the "Why do you want to die?" poll was not going too far, and should say that that is the limit of naming names on this public forum to my understanding.

Thank you also for the welcome to add a little cheer to this day and make life worth clinging onto for a little bit longer.

6. meliisa

meliisa Member

Hey Seano, also from Perth, Australia. I hope you find what your looking for on this site and more. All the best

7. Seano

Seano Well-Known Member

Hello Meliisa. This is certainly a welcome surprise if you can excuse the pun, and please forgive me if I rant on in anger about the state of my own beloved nation and state for the most part. I only want to escape from this wretched place to recover sufficiently to return and fix it back to the 'lucky country' that it once was IMHO, so I hope you can see past the madness and not take it as a personal insult.

It's great to get a greeting from back home in Perth, even though that is where I am too. It just tends to feel like somehow I am still a million miles from home.

I also hope that you are feeling better than I was this morning when I joined the forum. Please let me know if ever I can help in the real world with anything without risking your own privacy, of course. Reasons to live can be found in these simple things.

8. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi and welcome to SF!

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Seano,

Welcome to the forums!! It's nice to meet you :shake:

10. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Welcome Seano!

Well, I've been to Perth once. I remembered it well, beautiful city. The Swan Bells

11. Seano

Seano Well-Known Member

Good Morning all.

Another nice surprise to wake up on this Friday and still be welcomed.
    Excuse the word shortage or Iḿ still waking up yet, and thanks for the inspiration to start out this day better than yesterday.

12. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You'll always be welcome here. :hug:

13. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

welcome to the forum!

i plan on visiting australia one day, mainly for the wildlife. :)

14. raincloud

raincloud Well-Known Member

Hello, and welcome. I have chronic pain and illnesses, too, and I'm all too familiar with the associated poverty. Hope you find some good support here.

15. Seano

Seano Well-Known Member

I wish to thank Alison, Ronnie and RainCloud for the welcomes and commend the choice of 'wildlife' as one of Australia's natural gifts (marsupials) but watch out for the snakes, (especially in the big cities) and It would likewise be a dream for me to get to know the native wilderness of the North West coast like Oregon and Washington State, even Montana after I saw that movie from Nicholas Evans The HorseWhisperer.

There are so many places in the world that we can only watch on tv and I share the same wanderlust as you, Ron, although the hemispheres might be reversed.

Thanks for helping me to get through yet another day, you wonderful people.
    :IrishDoll:

16. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.