Hello from Portugal

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by istvan, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. istvan

istvan Member

Hey everyone... It's kind of late here right now, and I gotta sleep, but before, I felt like posting a small introduction here, so when I wake up tomorrow ( today actually, lol ) I might have some posts to read. :)

These suicidal thoughts are not new to me. I'm 21 years old ( I'm surprised I found even younger people than me on this forum ) and today, I had probably one of my worst days ever. The only reason I'm still alive is because of the fact I don't have the guts to end my life. Mainly because I don't want to feel pain and I still think of how my friends and family would deal with the situation.. and I won't be here to see what happens right after that.. and I still think life can get better.

I always loved to participate in forums, and for years I haven't found one that would get me addicted to.. ( since the last one ). Hopefully this is the one, even tho it's a bit of ironical, seeing it deals with such a complex subject.

As a conclusion, and I hope I'm not asking too much from everyone here, but please, take some time and read all my future posts.. Help me, I really need it.. We all do, but from the little time I went on browsing the topics here, some guys are really not helping at all.

If there is someone here from Portugal, let me know. ;)

2. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

unfortunately there are a lot of younger users. i'm 17 and i know someone who is 12.

were going to the best we can to help you.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey glad you are here lots of supportive people here Are you seeing a therapist or taking any medication for your thoughts. If not it can be very helpful especially therapy. see ya around
  4. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF. :D

I'm also 17 years old... but I can understand a little of the suicidal feelings you get. I hope that you'll find the support you need right here.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiya! Welcome to SF. :shake:
  6. helena

helena Staff Alumni

welcome to the forum.
    Unfortunately, there are a lot of members much younger then you around here....sad to see such young people suffering, even wanting to die.
    But well, I guess it's not that new, at your age I had allready tried to kill myself twice, didn't try again because of a promise I made and now, at the age of 44, I have been alive for the last ten years for the sake of my kids.

I hope you find some comfort and undersdtanding here.

I was born in Santos-O-Velho, Lisboa, but live elsewhere for 25 years now.
    Take care,
  7. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Hey Istvan, welcome to SF, another portuguese right here, 20 years from Vila Franca de Xira :biggrin:

I hope to see your posts in the forum soon, and tough I'm suffering myself, I wanna know what's hurting you and I'll do my best to help in any way I can.

Always PM me if you feel like it, we're all here for you so don't be afraid to ask for help. Be strong and don't give up.
  8. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF. I'm glad you are here. We help each other by posting and I'm glad you plan to post more. :)
  9. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.
  10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!!
  11. istvan

istvan Member

Thank you so much everyone !

Omg, I live near Vila Franca de Xira as well ! I'm from Sobralinho, between Alhandra and Alverca.

No. I wouldn't know how to hide that from my family. They wouldn't understand. I don't know where to go, who to seek.. As for the medication, I'm thinking of talking with my Doctor, to see if he prescribes me something.
  12. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Welcome to SF Istvan! :)
    Hope you find the support you need here. :hug:
  13. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

"Omg, I live near Vila Franca de Xira as well ! I'm from Sobralinho, between Alhandra and Alverca."

Sobralinho is actually preety close from where I live, I live right next to Alverca. That's preety cool lol! What are the odds? :laugh:
  14. istvan

istvan Member

Yep I know ! Such a small world ! ;d
  15. I need help

I need help Well-Known Member

you commented on my post!.. and I see you are new here too I'd like to help as well!...even though I have problems, I can always (at least try to) help!

hope you feel better!
    life shouldnt be so dificult...it has got to be something with the way we look at it that makes it appear this way to us!!
    So there has to be hope!! cause our view on life can change!! we can get better!!!just keep trying! hoping for things to get better!! and some day..hopefully REALLY SOON!!! it will!!:smile:
  16. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. I am glad you found us. :hug:
  17. Tom

Tom Member

Istvan, hello.
  18. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to Sf. Hope you find what you are looking from here!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.