Hello, here I am...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Ordep, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

My name is Pedro, I come from Portugal, I'm 20 and I'm not so sure I'll ever make it to 21. Ever since I was little, my life was always marked by loss after loss, I've lived most of my life under depression and the few periods of time where I actually felt alive are now the most painful memories I have. I can fool people into believing I actually turned out preety well, but behind the smoke screens I'm amazed I even got this far on my own...

But nowadays I can see the end very clearly and I'm losing the fight really bad so I guess signing here is my last desperate cry for help. To say the truth I don't really believe it'll help all that much but I don't want to go down without at least trying. Alas, if I stop coming here all togheter, just assume I jumped, 'cause I'm sure no-one's coming here to warn you...

Also, I'd just like to warn that I'm a rambler by nature, I can go on and on about most subjects so my posts tend to get really long... Also I may fall into the typo and grammar mistake traps. I consider my English really good but it's not my main language so it's not perfect. Sorry in advance for anything.

To end this post I'd just like to thank everyone here who takes time off his/her life to listen to someone else's problems. I'm sure it means the life to alot of people, thanks.
  2. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums!
  3. Ghostman

Ghostman New Member

Hello Pedro, I'm glad you signed up (not that your having difficulties, I mean that your trying to fix things). You'll find many people with the same background here with problems like yours, some in their 50s and 40s I've seen, so I'd like to say that you CAN make it. :)

The rambling isn't a problem, I tend to do the same myself and your English is a lot better than alot of Portuguese speakers I've talked to (known alot of Brazilians). If you have anything you need to let out go ahead.

Two things I've found good to read on here are:

Both stickies in the suicide board.

I think I'm also rambling a bit though, so I will end this post here. I really hope you feel better man, and what pain your feeling now.. stick through it and it will pass, focus on what is important to you in life, and if you have nothing you think is important think hard about the subject and I'm sure you will come up with one.

4. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Hi Pedro,

Your English is excellent! :thumbup:

Please do ramble, the more you say, the more people can get to know you.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Pedro and welcome to the forums :hug:
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Glad your here welcome
  7. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi Pedro, welcome to SF!! You can ramble as much as you want to. I hope you'll stick around and let us try to help you.
  8. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

i can say the same thing.

if you ever need to talk, i'm here for you.
  9. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the warm welcome everyone :smile:
  10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Pedro!!
  11. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF friend :D
  12. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF Pedro. Thank you for having the courage to post and seek support. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.