Hello, Homies! (Part Two/Impact of Films).

William

SF Supporter
I want to know which film or films have had the greatest impact on all of your lives. The films that has had the greatest impact of my life is Terminator 2: Judgment Day and The Matrix, my favorite and second favorite film ever, respectively. I probably watched the former at least a hundred times, more than a hundred times, or more than that throughout my life from childhood to adulthood. Braindead (which is known as Dead Alive in North America) and Evil Dead are my favorite and second favorite film of horror ever, respectively, and are considered amongst the most gory films, period. Men II Black and Bad Boys are in the top ten of my favorite movies ever. Those films starred Will Smith and Martin Lawrence, who are my favorite and second favorite actor, respectively.

The following is my list of my favorite films ever (only the top ten are in order from most to least favorite):

The list below is of my overall favorite films.

1. Terminator 2: Judgment Day - (Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1991.)

2. The Matrix - (Starring Keanu Reeves in 1999.)

3. The Matrix Reloaded - (Starring Keanu Reeves in 2003.)

4. The Matrix Revolutions - (Starring Keanu Reeves in 2003.)

5. Men in Black - (Starring Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith in 1997.)

6. Men in Black II (MIIB) - (Starring Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith in 2002.)

7. Bad Boys - (Starring Martin Lawrence and Will Smith in 1995.)

8. Bad Boy II - (Starring Martin Lawrence and Will Smith in 2003.)

9. The One - (Starring Jet Li in 2001.)

10. Braindead - (Starring Timothy Balme in 1992.)

11. The Evil Dead - (Starring Bruce Campbell in 1981.)

12. Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn - (Starring Bruce Campbell in 1987.)

13. Friday - (Starring Ice Cube in 1995.)

14. Boyz n the Hood - (Starring Cuba Gooding, Junior in 1991.)

15. Menace II Society - (Starring Tyrin Turner in 1993.)

16. K-PAX - (Starring Kevin Spacey in 2001.)

17. Shaun of the Dead - (Starring Simon Pegg in 2004.)

18. Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines - (Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2003.)

19. Men in Black 3 (MIB³) - (Starring Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones in 2012.)

20. The Terminator - (Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1984.)

21. Baby Boy - (Starring Tyrese Gibson in 2001.)

22. 8 Mile - (Starring EMINƎM in 2002.)

23. Bruce Almighty - (Starring Jim Carrey in 2003.)

24. Kung Pow! Enter the Fist - (Starring Steve Oedekerk in 2002.)

25. Final Destination - (Starring Devon Sawa in 2000.)

26. Equilibrium - (Starring Christian Bale in 2002.)

27. Inception - (Starring Leonardo DiCaprio in 2010.)

28. The 40-Year-Old Virgin - (Starring Steve Carell in 2005.)

29. Hitch - (Starring Will Smith in 2005.)

30. The Expendables - (Starring Sylvester Stallone in 2010.)

I have not updated the list in years, but I should to add more films to it.

@arbitrarybarry @Ineluki @TreeShade17 @charlietgirl @Walker @unnoticed @Lux @Auri @Harrow @Citizen Insane @RCee @ShelbyGT500 @Blue Star @Tamex @DouglasW @SquishyMacleod @patrick13 @AlopexAngel @Annieofthenorth @bubblebear @Nonamesleft @SillyOldBear @iloverachel @Fleurise @AFlower @Acy @Sassy the Wonderful Cat @bobbob @Sarahbeanie @GodIsWithMe @1964dodge @Angie @Butterfly @Nick @Kira @ravens @DowntheRabbitHole @Kafka @Princess Tiffany @GS9 @Harmony @Sevven @richard 1998 @Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ @CrashArtemis! @Just_a_guy @Fox @Megan. @Pebble mouse @SleepyOwl @Dinolaur @bobbob @LumberJack @KM76710

arbitrarybarry

arbitraryfromagier
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I am not a huge film buff - I have only seen one on your list (Shaun of the Dead) and loved it.

My favourites change but they are currently:

Jojo Rabbit, Prevenge and Fried Barry.
You should watch Braindead (also known as Dead Alive) as well as the Evil Dead/Evil Dead 2/Army of Darkness trilogy.

I'm afraid there is no such movie, although I watch movies really a lot. I like very much "Bennys video" by this Austrian director. I like the main theme. "Cold War" is a story of a beautiful, though toxic love. Like all of mine.
Oh yeah, nothing like some Michael Haneke for a light-hearted movie night!

Not a big movie buff.
*thumbsdown

The ones that really stand out in my mind are The Wizard of Oz, Forrest Gump, Night of the Living Dead, The Exorcist, It's a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Story, and I'm sure there's a lot more but there's a few.
Night of the Living Dead was one of the few movies to give me nightmares after I saw it as a kid. That, as well as, A Christmas Story, are also among my very favorite movies in any genre.

eF577w0mK

These are all the films I would give a 10/10. These films have had a great impact on me because they have a spiritual and humane character which has deeply shaped my own view of the world (and as you may see, I love asian cinema).

In no particular order:

The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928, Carl Theodor Dreyer)
Ordet (1955, Carl Theodor Dreyer)
Kikujiro (1999, Takeshi Kitano)
Yi Yi: A One and a Two... (2000, Edward Yang)
Baraka (1992, Ron Fickle)
Colorful (2010, Keiichi Hara)
Tokyo Story (1953, Yasujiro Ozu)
The World of Apu (1959, Satyajit Ray)
Tampopo (1985, Juzo Itami)
Only Yesterday (1991, Isao Takahata)
The House Is Black (1963, Forugh Farrokhzad)
The End of Evangelion (1997, Hideaki Anno)
Tokyo Sonata (2008, Kiyoshi Kurosawa)

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Although I do love movies I have always probably watched more TV series and those have affected me more. I can name my top five favorite show but the order changes depending on which I have been watching the most recently.

The Outer Limits The Original Series.
Green Acres.
Star Trek The Original Series.
Freaks And Geeks.
Firefly, along with the accompanying movie Serenity. I always wanted to be Jayne Cobb but get told I am more like Shepherd Book.

And Al Bundy and his wisdom of philosophy is a major influence. :)

Ineluki

The Storm King
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Im going to mention 3 movies that I like.

1 "Sixteen Blocks" with Bruce Willis and Mos Def. Only movie I ever finished watching, rewound the tape, and watched it all over again.

2 & 3) "The Three Musketeers" and "The Four Musketeers". I know the production of these films had problems but they remain to this day the most faithful to the book. Also Oliver Reed plays an entirely quintessential Athos; Charlton Heston, a quintessential Cardinal Richelieu. Great fun to watch!

arbitrarybarry

arbitraryfromagier
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
These are all the films I would give a 10/10. These films have had a great impact on me because they have a spiritual and humane character which has deeply shaped my own view of the world (and as you may see, I love asian cinema).

In no particular order:

The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928, Carl Theodor Dreyer)
Ordet (1955, Carl Theodor Dreyer)
Kikujiro (1999, Takeshi Kitano)
Yi Yi: A One and a Two... (2000, Edward Yang)
Baraka (1992, Ron Fickle)
Colorful (2010, Keiichi Hara)
Tokyo Story (1953, Yasujiro Ozu)
The World of Apu (1959, Satyajit Ray)
Tampopo (1985, Juzo Itami)
Only Yesterday (1991, Isao Takahata)
The House Is Black (1963, Forugh Farrokhzad)
The End of Evangelion (1997, Hideaki Anno)
Tokyo Sonata (2008, Kiyoshi Kurosawa)
I have got Ozu's filmography in my to-watch list to remind me to take the dive at some point. So Tokyo Story is the place to start?

eF577w0mK

I have got Ozu's filmography in my to-watch list to remind me to take the dive at some point. So Tokyo Story is the place to start?
Most people consider it his best. I think it's also more engaging than some of his other films; it has more plot and is more emotional, so it's easier to get into. Another place to start may be his early films, like his comedy "I was born, bur..."; it's not what he's known for, but it may warm you up to his sensibility.

Last edited:

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Some cracking movies have been mentioned here, some of which I've actually forgotten about.

Here's a few of mine, listed in random order :

1. Dogma
  2. 13 Assasins
  3. 2001 A Space Odyssey
  4. The Big Lebowski
  5. Sukiyaki Western Django
  6. Lawrence of Arabia
  7. Fistful of Dollars
  8. Goodfellas
  9. Leon
  10. Untouchable
  11. Inglourious Basterds