Hello, i feel low

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Jake- step, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Jake- step

Jake- step New Member

Hi recently due to losing my job in a stupid way I have been feeling very suicidal and finding it hard to look forward to anything or have the motivation to try and find another job now.

I only have myself to blame.
    It is nice to be able to post here though

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Jake, welcome to the forum. You will find lots of support here :)

3. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry that you lost your job. Keep posting.

4. Welcome aboard, Jake. I’m so sorry that you lost your job. You don’t have to be hard on yourself. I can understand how discouraging it must be for you right now. But don’t give up. Hope you’ll find a new job soon. Hugs & prayers!

5. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi Jake, welcome to SF. Job losses are brutal. I have been laid off 3 times since 2009. And I am in my 60's. I know it is hard. But I also know you can find other work. You just have to try, try and try some more. Put in many applications. Put in applications for jobs that you don't even think you want. One of them might just turn out to be right for you. My biggest suggestion would be to be very open minded about jobs. Don't get locked into on type of work, or one salary. If you are open to new possibilities and making less money, you will have a much better chance of finding work.

DrownedFishOnFire and sahel like this.
  6. sahel

sahel SF Supporter

Hi Jake,

I took me almost one year to find a job, but I finally did. Please, don't give up, wish you best of luck:)

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi jake and welcome to the forum, i'm glad you joined us here. I hope things improve now that you are searching for new jobs. Best of luck :)

8. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Hi it might be a bad replay in your mind over and over but maybe look as this as a learning experience. You are a human being and we all mess up major at one point or few times doesn't matter just keep going.

NYJmpMaster likes this.
  9. Jake- step

Jake- step New Member

Hi, I am/have been keeping going. I have been locked into one type of work so far which is hard to get into at this time of the year

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  10. Jake- step

Jake- step New Member

feel i should post in the other subforum, i will and thanks

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.