Hello, I'm Gimpygal.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by gimpygal, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gimpygal

gimpygal New Member

Hi everyone, I'm gimpy. I named myself that because I vaguely remember some quote about how we do ourselves a disservice when we sit around waiting to heal 100% from our wounds, that we need to feel free to go ahead and drag our gimpy butts down the street and get on with our lives, bruises and broken limbs at all. I guess that's the kind of courage I'm looking for right now, to find the strength to drag my gimpy ass down the street.

Today has been a rough one for me. I first struggled with suicidal feelings since around the age of 14, and I've been pretty constantly depressed and frequently suicidal since I was about 18 (I'm 28 now).
    Things have been pretty bad lately. I think it's been exacerbated by an almost year long off/on relationship with a guy who's been really unsuportive. Sometimes I think he just doesn't have the foggiest clue what's going on, no matter how much I try to explain it to him. He can say make really, really comments about my mental state when he's angry though.

Anyway, depression and anxiety have pretty much consumed my life. I haven't been able to hold down a job sucessfully for some time. I was married to a man who was the main breader winner breifly. Since our seperation my family hass been supporting me, though I need to find other arrangements soon. I don't socialize much, I don't want my old friends to see how pathetic I must seem. So yeah, not much of a life. Hoping to gradually be able to take some steps towards getting into school and eventually working in health care. So that's my goal anyway.

I'm on waiting list for free therapy. But it's probably going to be a few more weeks. I'm hoping these boards will help me get through.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun i do hope you get away from this guy really and just start looking after YOU okay hun Nice to see you reaching out for support here hugs
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Gimpygal, glad to have you here on SF. I'm sorry to hear that you have been depressed for so long, but I am glad that you will be going to therapy. I hope that it will help you feel better. :hug: Please continue to post because we can help you with whatever problem you may be facing.
  4. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF and I hope you find this place helpful and useful for you. I'm sorry your feeling depressed and remember your not alone. :hug:
  5. redtiger

redtiger New Member

Hi gimpygal. What free therapy are you waiting for? I'm waiting for CBT for my depression... apparently it really helps. I don't think antidepressants alone are sufficient. How are you? I'm spending most of my day in bed or on suicide forums.
  6. Lucano

Lucano Well-Known Member

Well first of all welcome. And second, I hope you do find the help you need, not only here but from everyone and everything around you, you deserve it. We are all here to listen and help in anyway we can. If you need to talk, to let things out, feel free to message me. Everyone here is nice and will listen and support you. You are not alone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.