Hello, I'm Jasmine33.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Jasmine33, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jasmine33

Jasmine33 New Member

I'm 63 years old, retired depressive woman. Two weeks ago I nearly killed my self because of my financial situation.
    You know the story--too many bills and not enough money. I am not able to work, but I do a little online work to get some extra money but my existence is pitiful and my future doesn't look bright. My life is hopeless. I spend most of time in my dark bedroom in bed. This makes me content. My doctor want wants to put me in the hospital. This doesn't make me content. I hate to be away from my home.

If I go into the hospital, I know I would not participate because I just don't care anymore. I just try to get through each day. I typed in "Suicide Forum" as a joke not realizing that it was a serious, caring group. May be this is just what I needed. I'm glad you are here and I do read your messages. They have helped me a lot. Thanks for being here for me. I need you.

Jasmine 33

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Jasmine and welcome to SF. It's nice to have you here. I don't think your life is hopeless, and even though you hate to be away from home, it might be good for you to spend some time in the hospital. I'm glad that the site has been able to help you so far and I hope that it will continue to help you. Hope to read more from you soon.

3. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Hi Jasmine. Welcome to SF. You will find we are of a varied age range and it might be nice for you to know that you, even at 63, are not the oldest member here :)

(Yes, it might seem silly to notice that, but if it raises a smile it might help, however insignificant it may feel).

And I don't think your life is hopeless either. You may even be able to assist others - to distract yourself from time to time away from your own issues. Debt worries happen for an alarmingly high number these days, (including me), so you are not alone.

To echo the sentiment of Witty_Sarcasm

Hope to see you around. Take care.

G.

4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Well, I want to THIRD all of that, to J.33!

Welcome, and may here prove for you all you are hoping it will be. A changed perspective is ALWAYS a possibility, no matter how impossible it seems in the dark. "Ring the bells that still can ring, forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in!" (words from a song)

5. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF.

6. Brokengirl123

Brokengirl123 Well-Known Member

Hi welcome to SF, also I just wanted to say that whenever possible (which is lot in the past couple of weeks since I have been off work) I spend most of my time in my bedroom in extreme darkness (I have black out blinds!) and that is where I am happiest and where I feel the safest so I totally understand that. Things aren't hopeless, not when you have support and that is exactly what you will get here :) Hope to see you around the forums. x

7. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hello jasmine.. name is jim and i am also of older age like you.. also i hid from the whole world with my son for almost 13 yrs.. also fought terrible depression for most of my life.. i understand is what i am trying to say..the huddled in bedroom preferable in the dark is pretty common around here.. at least you don't have to be alone anymore..

the forums are busy here.. also chatroom usually has someone in them. look arounbd some in your own time..jasmine i hope to hear some more from you.. got any questions please just let us know.. tc, Jim

8. Jasmine33

Jasmine33 New Member

Thank you for your Welcome messages. They mean a lot to me, especially at this time. I will be checking the board
    several times a day. I hope to see you there. Thank you so much.

Sharon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.