Hello I'm new here....

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Katiemalone, Jul 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katiemalone

Katiemalone New Member

Hi I'm Katie, I lost my husband through suicide six weeks ago and I'm struggling to keep going for my children. Every day is so hard, I feel completely lost and don't know how to pick up the pieces of my life. Everywhere I look I see and remember him, but he's gone and wont ever come back! Its unbearable and if wasn't for the kids I'd be going to join him. Life is so empty and I cannot see a future for me at all!

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hear you and i am sorry you are suffering so Have you thought about getting some grief therapy for you and your children go as a family and get help to support you through all the sadness. Your children lost one parent please reach out for help so they do not lose another parent. It will take time i know people say this but it will lessen the sadness it will and with help you will move on and your children will too ok
    Please reach out to someone you know a clergy person your doctor a therapist I am so sorry for your loss

3. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi Katie, my condolences for your loss. You must remain strong for your children. I'd urge you to seek out immediate counselling, or advice from your doctor/therapist. What you are going through, you should not go through alone. Please seek out help professionally if you aren't already. Having said that, it's good that you are seeking support here as well, so welcome to the forum and I hope we can offer you some additional emotional support through this tough time.

4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry for your sudden loss. You are no doubt going through a traumatic time. Like Cicada says you need to speak to your doctor as you cannot cope alone. There is nothing ashamed for asking for help as you truly deserve it. At the moment, you kids keep you going but trying to play both parental roles is very tough especially if the kids are young. No doubt the kids ask their father and you try the daily routine going as normal. You are suffering but you among people who understand your feelings.

Possibly, you need to speak to a bereavement counsellor who will help you through the sudden loss of your partner. No doubt your missing your late partner and cry all the time when you are alone. Please do not think I trying to cause you pain but trying be understanding. You are among friends and we can help you as much as we can. Please keep posting and take care. Remember it about dealing minute by minute. PM anytime.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum katie. I am so sorry for your loss. I think joining here is a good step but you also need professional help maybe grievance counselling would help. I honestly cannot begin to imagine how you must be feeling so I can just hope that things will get better for you. Your kids need you :hugs: You must not give up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.