Hello I'm new

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Jca60, Oct 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jca60

Jca60 New Member

Hi. I'm new. I googled about feeling lonely and having suicidal thoughts and a link to this forum came up in the results. I had a read through and thought it might help me to talk to people here.

Briefiy, I'm 55. I live alone. I've 2 grown up sons - one lives in another country with his wife and they have a little girl. I see them about every 6 months. My youngest son (age 30) has severe mental health problems (schizophrenia). I'm his carer. He lived with me up to a few months ago when he got supported housing.

Now I'm fully on my own I feel I've achieved nothing since I was a teenager - I'm back where I was living in a small flat. I have no partner, I never had time as a carer. All my energy was put into caring for my son (he had several suicide attempts himself).

Anyway I have felt dreadful lately - very lonely, tearful. Planning suicide - I think people would be better off without me. I feel ashamed to feel like this. It's all a mess.

2 people like this.
  2. Twinkle ☆ Twinkle

Twinkle ☆ Twinkle Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome! :)

Sorry to hear about your situation hun. I hope everything gets better for you. Hang on in there. Perhaps now that you're alone, and aren't caring for your son anymore you could go out and meet some older people like yourself.

2 people like this.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there and welcome to the forum. I am sorry for what you are going through and what you are feeling, I hope we can help make you feel a little better! (Hugs)

2 people like this.
  4. Jca60

Jca60 New Member

Thank you. Just looking at the posts and the level of support there is on here is very positive.

I I have terribly negative and horrible thoughts a lot of the time st the moment. I'd like to get past how I feel at the moment, which is empty and disconnected. And ashamed, worthless, hopeless etc (you know, all those negative feelings we all have).

It it has already helped finding this forum and reading the messages of support for others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.