Hello, I'm new

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Lucano, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucano

Lucano Well-Known Member

Someone I met at another support forum and that is part of this community told me about SF. I want so say hi. I am here because, well, I do have recurring suicidal thoughts and I self harm sometimes. I'm going thru a hard time, very hard time. I've never had a crisis like this before in my life. I just want to be able to talk to non-judgemental people that might be able to understand what I'm going thru. And also to listen to people who might need also to talk to others who can understand. For the people in pain here, you're not alone.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Luis and welcome...so glad someone told you about us...I am so sorry you are going through such a hard time...if you feel comfortable, please share with us what is happening...I am sure that people will be able to relate...welcome again, and us, we are not alone...we are all fortunate to have each other here
  3. Lucano

Lucano Well-Known Member

Thank you, it means a lot to me to be welcome here. What I'm going thru is a long story. And well as with every long story is about a girl. My fiance actually, after 2 and a half years of relationship, after planning my life around being with her, after giving myself to her and doing everything, working hard to make her happy. She left me, because she met someone else. I think what hurts me is that, when we met, we both had issues, of trust, confidence and with letting ourselves open to others, due to our own issues, we worked on it together, we gained so much confidence in eahc other, we took each other out of the hole we were in. And during our time together we were not only a couple, but so much more, we were lovers, partners, listeners, best friends, we used to tell each other how amazing it is to have a best friend that is your couple too, because you can truly tell everything to that person. I trusted her with my life. Now, I can't even talk to anyone because, the one I trusted was her and my trust in the people around is gone. I'm back to the place I was before I met her. Perhaps not the exact same place, but looks very similar. And well I've been talking to people at this other support forum and I realized it is easier to talk to people online rather than people around me. I'm aware I'm sinking into a severe depression and I am aware I need medication. On monday I'm planning to go with a doctor in order to start a treatment. I've been having horrible nightmares and in all honesty I'm scared, of myself, of what I might do to myself. She was my life.
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi and welcome to SF. You came to the right place to find people who won't judge you. We are all going through similar things so we will be glad to help. I'm sorry to hear about your fiancee, that's awful that she just left you like that. But I don't think you should hurt yourself and I am glad that you will be seeing a doctor soon. I wish you the best of luck in your treatment. :hug:
  5. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF :)
  6. Lucano

Lucano Well-Known Member

Thank you, being here means a lot to me. I'm just unbearably lonely these days. It hurts.
  7. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi Luis ... a warm welcome to SF's.. remember all too well waht i felt like that night in the fall of 1990 when katie my wife at the time came walking out to the living room with a suitcase in her hand.. hurt a heck of a lot for a long time.. i do understand pretty well Luis how you are probably feelihng at this time.. got to say this is albe to recover from over time. i do recommend getting some professional help to start with thru this all.. having that pro to listen, console and guide can be a huge ally for you now.. this can help you rebuild your trust in people again .. meds can help also.. took me aned my doc awhile to find the right meds.. now the antidepressants help me a lot thru most of each day.. severe depresssion untreated can turn you into a mass of immobility and deep despair.. treatment can help.. take care, Jim
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.