Hello - Just need to put some thoughts out there instead of listening to my thoughts

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Muffinz, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muffinz

Muffinz New Member

I'm really sorry for the vague post but I can't deal with my mind screaming at me every second of the day. Thanks in advance for reading...

Due to years of alcohol and drug abuse, and the pain I’ve caused others and shame I’ve brought on myself whilst drunk or high, it’s become clear that there is no redemption from my past. Every fuck up in my life has been due to drug and alcohol abuse. Believe it or not, when I’m not off my head I’m actually a very nice person (actually, no, I’m not. I’m a shallow, angry, selfish and slovenly human being). But perception is reality and I am seen as a scary loose cannon; someone you run as far as you can in the opposite direction to avoid. I tried the self-forgiveness tactic but it’s all just a transparent cover for the incessant screaming in my head. I’m sick of hearing my own head and no matter how many times I run away I’m always stuck with my own thoughts. So whatever horrible stuff I’ve done to you, just know that you are vindicated in the fact that I have never forgotten and you eventually will. Looking to the future fills me with dread as historically my life has been chaotic maelstrom after maelstrom. And that’s that. As an atheist, I’m absolutely petrified of never existing again, but the ceaseless noise in my head is proving harder to handle than blackness. I just want the noise to stop.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Re: Hello - Just need to put some thoughts out there instead of listening to my thoug

Hi hun we all do things we regret hun I have done many things and yes hun there is redemption You have to work on it though You have to get help so you can change
    The blackness is depression and if you talk to your doctor you can get supports in place to help you hun get help to kick your addictions once and for all and then help others hun to heal as well hugs

3. Muffinz

Muffinz New Member

Re: Hello - Just need to put some thoughts out there instead of listening to my thoug

Thank you so much for the reply. Weird how you can feel better just from a random like-minded person on the internet recognising you exist. Is there a thread anywhere discussing regrets and mistakes and how to move on from them?

4. KK99

KK99 Active Member

I can relate - not by experience, but I've seen it happen & helped people with it a little. :3

^ and what total eclipse says. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.