Hello, might be kind of whiny

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by iitywygmah, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iitywygmah

iitywygmah Member

I do not even know where to start. I seem so messed up.

I feel every thing, and see a world falling apart around me and not just my own personal world, I mean this planet.

Everyone tells me to not sweat it and why worry about things that don’t affect you. Problem is it all does.

Kids killing kids, murders up, rich getting richer, poorer getting poorer, people hating and killing because they do not believe in the same thing, families falling apart.

This is something that has been affecting me since I was freaking 5 years old maybe longer.

Back then I was medicated for what the doctors called a nervous stomach, other words stress, 5 years old and I had so much stress it doubled me over as if my guts were being ripped out, It was painful enough they though it might have been an ulcer it really scared my kindergarten teacher one day.

The medicine was far worse and so I lied to my mom and the doctors within a few months and told them I felt fine again and created my own Regimen of drinking tea and breathing exercises when the pain hit.

Now the attacks have been coming again and it is now combined with a sence of hopelessness that it is just not worth living in this world.

There should be so much to be happy about and I just cannot see it.

Tina

2. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

tina first off i would really like to welcome you to the forum here. i feel for you and what has led you here but i'm glad you are here, and i hope you will continue to share what is on your mind. maybe even go into chat so you could do even more venting there. people here really do listen and really do care.

i'm sorry for your troubles. i can relate to some extent. the world really is a hard place sometimes to cope with. i encourage you to keep trying and hang on. please please take care

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...maybe time to revisit speaking to your mom and doctor...you should be happy and this might be one way of taking some of the pressure off of you...welcome again and please let us know how we can support you...big hugs, J

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi and welcome to SF. :hug:

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello and welcome! :)

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I agree with Sadeyes. I think it is time to talk to your doctor again. You are older and there have been advances in medicine and understanding about mental issues. There may be something that can help without having the same reaction as before. :hug:

7. iitywygmah

iitywygmah Member

That would be easier said than done, if I was not so terrified of hospitals and doctors.

I have only willingly gone to a hospital 3 times in the last 25 years for serious problems and each was an emergency room visit, never to return for the follow-ups. I removed stitches myself. One visit was a very bad reaction to an over the counter and very common cold medication. I have never done well with any type of medications.

My younger years were forced and usually ended up being held down by nurses and orderlies until required shots and test were administered. I kept many illnesses and injuries to myself since then.

when I visit family I must know all exits, no one stands between me and the door of the room which stays open, and I refuse to be in touching distance of any medical personal.

8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Well phone you doctor and let know what is going on ask them to send you pharmacy a fax with a prescription on it so you can get help with your anxiety. Phone you doctor and talk with him or her and just see what can be done. tell dr of extreme anxiety and inability to get out see what happens.

9. Michael Ayin

Michael Ayin Well-Known Member

It's not whiny at all. It's just seeing the bad stuff for what it is and not being in denial about it.

10. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Hey! Welcome to the forum~
    I seem to have the same problem to some extent. My biggest weakness is hypersensitivity to other people's pain. I'm too empathetic-- it really hurts to see others hurting... and everywhere you look these days, there are people in pain and dying! It's terrible!

You're not whiny at all- you're just more observant than most people, I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.