Hello, my name is Robert.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by robertk, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertk

robertk New Member

My name is not actually Robert. I am here because I've been thinking about ending my life. I've had this idea since I was 15, recently I've been getting this feeling more frequently. I am 25 now.

I am in college doing a music degree. It is very competitive, mainly because of the standards I set for myself. They are not attainable.

I practice for hours everyday but as you might guessed, I am mediocre.

I have many acquaintances but I have no friends.

I've tried talking to a councilor but I felt that she was just doing her 'job'. I didn't want to bother her further with my complains.

I just feel really lonely. Nobody understands me. Nobody has time for me.

I thought maybe I could find someone that would understand how I feel here. I really like a friend.

Why is death frowned upon? It is an ending. Endings can be really beautiful. Like the ending of a piece of music. In romanticism, death is the ultimate resolution. It is the only way to attain the unattainable.

I don't need you to give me an obliged response. I don't want to waste your time. Don't worry, I am not going to kill myself because you didn't response. It is unlikely that your response will stop me from having such thoughts.

But if you have something sincere to say, I will be very happy.

2. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Hello Rob, welcome to the forum. You're not wasting anyone's time. We all became members for the same or similar reasons as yours. From my own experience therapists and counsellors vary tremendously. Consider 'shopping around' if that is possible. I needed a therapist I could trust who worked in a way I was comfortable with. Every human being needs someone who will listen. Some of us either don't have anyone irl or are not able to talk to our friends / family.
  3. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

Hey Robert

Welcome to the forum
    Do you have a crisis team or mental health team you can call regarding how are you feeling, is your gp aware of your situation? Please give them a call as soon as you can.
  4. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find the support you need here, take care

5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hey Rob, welcome to the site. I really hope you find friendship and support here.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forums Rob :)
  7. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi Rob and welcome to SF's.. Death is not pretty and good and poetic.. It is just dead sir..we very darn prolife here Rob..we here to keep the members among the living..that includes you sir!!!
  8. Ladybugaboo

Ladybugaboo Well-Known Member

I thought I'd welcome you to SF as well.
    Romanticism aside, death...is not a pleasant reality to most people... Brains blown outta your head is not beautiful... :concern:
    Sending best wishes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.