Hello, my name is Thomas.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Atticus Mockingbird, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi. I'm an 18 year old male from Northern Ireland, currently studying psychology at University of Liverpool, and I've wanted to end my life since I was a kid. I'm joining this forum because I want to find people that I can relate to, someone that has thought about it every single day since they could remember. I don't really know how to introduce myself properly, so I'm going to paste this letter I tried to wrote. I pretended as if I was writing to a lot of other people, but in truth, I guess I was writing this for myself. It probably doesn't make much sense, but whatever. Just as a forewarning, there is some inappropriate language, and I'm sorry if that offends you. None the less, thank you for taking the time to read.

And that's all I have to say right now.
  2. Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster Forum Buddy SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum Thomas :hug:
  3. Hahaha

4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Interesting intro Thomas. Like the bit about the normal complex. Hope you find what you are looking for.:smile:
  5. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

welcome, hope you find the support that your looking for x
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forum Thomas..Interesting you going into Phsycology with you having constant thoughts of suicide..My therapist did the same thing and it has helped her tremendously.. It has also helped her to be a better therapist..
  7. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Funny nom de SF to go with such an exposition. To Kill a Mockingbird has always been one of those novels I've never been able to get through, but I don't remember such interesting Nietzsche on Ecstasy tidbits flowing from Atticus Finch's mouth (nor from Gregory Peck in the movie version) which is a pity, since they doubtless would've held my interest in a way the book as written did not. Better not say any more as the last time I let my thoughts go where they may I got the SF equivalent of a gang beatdown, sending me scampering for home "Boo" Radley-like.

Ah, well. Welcome aboard.
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to sf!
  9. Thanks to all who have welcomed me. To those who actually read my full intro, you obviously don't have much else to do, and for that I am thankful XD

Stranger: One of my lecturers believe that there are three different types of people that study psychology. One being the type of people who like to give advice, another is the type of people who see it as a means to an end, and the last is the type of person that wish to find out what is wrong with themselves. I suppose that I am of the latter. But perhaps that gives me some insight. Also, thanks for the welcome!

Clearly I am nothing like the wonderful father figure that is Atticus Finch, but on the other hand he never had the chance to exist in the 21st century. Perhaps he would've been much different haha Also, when it comes to talking to me, I really don't mind what you say. Freedom of speech and what not. I appreciate it when people speak their mind, and don't try to say something they don't believe. So anyway, thanks for welcoming me!

I hope to get to know you all better, and that maybe we can help each other.
  10. Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster Forum Buddy SF Supporter

aah you seem so kind..

hope you find the support you are looking for here on the forum.. just stick around, the people here are really nice
  11. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

welcome to sf, thomas!
  12. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum Thomas. :shake:
  13. Aye. Cheers all for the welcome. Much appreciated. That message I quoted in the start, yeah? It's a bit out of date. I'm past thinking like it's ok really. I reckon I'm going to start seeking out some genuine help and thing. Again, thanks. Sorry about the grammar or whatever of this post, I'm somwhat drunk XD
  14. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Welcome Thomas.

:hug: Claire xx
  15. Shifter

Shifter Well-Known Member

hi and welcom to sf, you are never alone ^^
  16. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

welcome to sf, i'm not going to pretend i read all that , my heads not in ii atm. just wanted to say is nice seeing other irish people here thats all. i'm from the south though, but meh still irish
    and i do like your name, did you study it for your english course by chance?
  17. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Well, I just wrote a long, interesting note back to you about your intro., etc.. and it took me so long to correct the spelling and grammar (I usually try to do this as well), that my system kicked me out before I could send it to you.

So, I'll shorten it up a bit. Your intro. is reminiscent of Camu's "The Stranger" in style and content. I'm a big reader! And for you, I'll include that this means that I have read over a thousand books and that I'm overweight and I read.

I have made a few very special close contacts at this site with people of varying gender, sexual orientation, IQ's, backgrounds, religions (even though I am not religious) et. al.

I also have a relative that is a psychologist and have dated one (I'm heterosexual and male), and have seen many professionally. To quote the famous final line from CASABLANCA, "I think this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship". Feel free to send me a private message anytime on any subject.

Now...welcome to SF. I shall be looking forward to your posts!
  18. emma2

emma2 Well-Known Member

welcome to the site thomas xx
  19. Camu? Yeah? Thanks XD Don't hear that every day. I've been gone for a little while, trying to focus on uni, but I'm hoping to spend more time here, and hopefully learn more. I'm rather shy, so I'll never pm any of you, although I'd like to, but feel free to pm me whenever.
  20. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Hiya Thomas welcome to sf :welcome:

My name is Lea :shake:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.