Hello! New here!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Absbigails, Dec 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Absbigails

Absbigails Member

As most people on this forum, I'm new here and wanted to say hello. I am a 17 year old who is not going the traditional route. The reason is because my anxiety, depression, and conversion disorder has gotten out of control. And now I'm starting to show signs of PTSD. I am very lost and the holidays do not make it any better.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forums. I'm sorry you are feeling so low but know that we are here for you. I hope you find SF helps and helps to talk through your troubles!

3 people like this.
  3. James5706

James5706 SF Supporter

Hello. I'm not a regular visitor, but I try and help when and where I can. :)
    James

3 people like this.
  4. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Welcome to thesite, from both myself snd PPG - normally I would welcome you with bubbles, (the emoticons) but that feature has been disabled because of technical isssues, so I am afraid that you will have to make do with my adorable avatar image for the time being.

Although it is kind of sad that you felt that you had to join SF, at least you acknowledge you have problems and are actively seeking to combat them in a positive way, so you definitely have come to the right website, to share your thoughts, talk openly about what is going on and get some advice from very friendly members who do not judge or put themselves first, so you are in good hands here.

On a seperate note, what you said about the holidays, you are right, they are not a good time for people who suffer from anxiety and other issues and often made them worse off, but at least the holidays are only momentary and do not last year round, so that is some small comfort!

2 people like this.
  5. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Anyway, as an after post, I am on-line much of the time, so if there is anything you need or want to talk about that you do not feel comfortable posting in the open forums, my PM is always open, so you are free any time of the day or night to send me a private message and I do reply rather quickly, because I always felt it was impolite to keep people waiting for a reply of any kind, be it here, e-mail or any number of messenger services.

2 people like this.
  6. Absbigails

Absbigails Member

Thanks! I just might take you in on your offer!

7. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Feel free any time. :)

2 people like this.
  8. Nobodydifferent

Nobodydifferent Well-Known Member

Hi , I'm new too .. Welcome :) the holiday coming up are definitely looming !

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.