Hello new member here...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Rence202, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Rence202

Rence202 New Member

Hello I'm new here,,, I honestly am a person that never shares my feelings, so all this is new to me. I feel like this is the end, I have made so many mistakes in my life, burned every bridge imaginable, and I have been a selfish person not thinking about the people around me. I'm at the point where I can't stand myself anymore everything is overwhelming and I feel smothered. I have had to fight and struggle for things my whole life, but now I feel defeated, beaten and broken I just don't want to go on. I just want to sleep and never wake up. The pressure is so enormous it's hard to make it through the day. I just need someone to talk to that maybe understands how I'm feeling.
  2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Welcome to the forum. Hugs. Keep talking.
  3. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Rence, welcome to the forum. So sorry you are hurting so and need a site like this. But please don't beat yourself up because you have made mistakes and burned bridges. Everyone has done that. It is the human thing to do. And some bridges should be burned. The hard thing in all this is learning to forgive ourselves. We seem to find it so much easier to forgive another person, but pretty much impossible to forgive ourselves. We are always much harder on ourselves and expect more from ourselves then we do others. It is difficult, but try and be gentle with yourself. Try and lend someone else a hand. Even if its just opening the door at the grocery for someone. Believe it or not, a simple act like that can make someone's day. And I get it about wanting to go to sleep and never wake up. I think that way a lot too, but I keep waking up. I just crawl out of bed and try to make the best out of the day that has started. Struggle seems to come with life. A young man I work with has to glue his shoes together because he can't afford new ones. So don't feel alone in the struggle of life. Hope you will drop in to the chat room sometime. Its a place where immediate support can be found. Take care of yourself.
    Rence202 and Thauoy like this.
  4. Rence202

Rence202 New Member

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. These last few months have been hell for me Im thankful for the community on this forum and I hope I can help others here in any way I can