Hello-New Member

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by forever_wallflower, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forever_wallflower

forever_wallflower New Member

Hello everyone,

I am a college student suffering from major depression/anxiety and atypical anorexia. I have been for 7+ years.
    Two months ago I attempted suicide but was stopped by a good friend and my boyfriend. Instead of feeling confused/sad/hopeful/whatever someone is supposed to feel after escaping death I felt nothing but guilt at having hurt these people so much. My friend is now showing symptoms of PTSD and my boyfriend wants to leave me because he feels inadequate as a boyfriend. I don't know how to cope with this and am falling deeper and deeper into the same hole I was in just before my suicide attempt.

Any advice and support would be much appreciated. I like the way this site is set up and hopefully can meet some awesome people and share journeys towards recovery <3

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

The after affect of a suicide attempt hard to deal with for everyone hun Have you any therapy or follow up care I hope so Your friend i hope has a therapist as well to treat the PTSD If your depression is worsening then now is time to reach out to your doctor ok or professionals so you do not repeat the same thing Your boyfriend need to reach out and get some supports for himself too I hope you continue to talk here it is a good place to release some of the sadness and confusion hugs

3. PatriciaAHunt

PatriciaAHunt Member

Welcome to the forums forever_wallflower, glad you joined this wonderful site. Jung hang in there okay? Feel free to ask here as many people will surely help you. :) Smile always.

4. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

Hello & Welcome to SF! :)

5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi Forever_wallflower. Glad you are here. I am really sorry you are in so much pain. As Total Eclipse suggested, it is important to be in counseling/therapy. Are you currently doing that? And if not, can you? Even if it is to reach out to a doctor or even school counselor. Glad you are reaching out here. Smart thing to do :)

Perhaps you can also suggest that your boyfriend and friend seek help thesmevles if they are having feelings that they need to work through. But most important is that you get help. In my expereince it can help relieve the fears that friends and family have when we ourselves are getting ongoing help. Please post here at suicide forum as much as you want. So glad you found this community

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.