Hello... Newbie

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by MinPin_Gal, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MinPin_Gal

MinPin_Gal New Member

Hello, my name is Kim. I'm 44 years old. Married for almost 23 years. Have 2 kids Ryan 24 and Jennifer 22. My hubby Bill can be supportive at times, but at other times he can be very cold, mean and I have no support at all. I suffer from severe depression ( extremely low serotonin levels), severe anxiety and panic disorder. As well as PTSD. Phobias. I also have Irritable Bowel syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, hypertension, I think now I am entering menopause which is causing a whole new horrible experience. I also suffer from food intolerances and chemical sensitivity. So I am unable to take most medication because of it. So I have been unable to take anti-depressants for my depression. I am sick 85% of the time... I am a complete agoraphobic for 20 years, haven't been able to get out of the house for many years now, last time I did was very traumatic. I have missed both my kids graduations and many other special things. Now my son is getting married in June... in my backyard with lots of grief from his fiancé's side of the family... feel like a total idiot. My daughter is also getting married next year or so. My life is backwards due to my illnesses. I'm up all night and sleep all morning which causes other problems. Everything is taking a toll. As I'm getting older and sicker is becoming more difficult, I feel like a freak with all my problems and no one truly understands. I feel very guilty and embarrassed. I'm not looking forward to my son's wedding with all the embarrassment of explaining why the ceremony is in the back yard... everyone thinks I'm a freak and weirdo... cause maybe I am. But then the WORST ever happened... I just lost my mom who was my best friend in Sept 2011 from the evil cancer. This has really done me in. I have thought of suicide many times over the years, but have managed to hold on...it is now becoming more difficult to hold on... I'm really starting to give up and just wanting to be dead and am seriously thinking of doing it. I've had enough after 20 years of this!
  2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi Kim.. a warm welcome to you.. you got a tough road to walk with all kinds of things no wasy soltuion to at all.. we will not judge you here.. we all slightly off ourselves.. hopefully you will start to over time feel comfortable enuf on here to talk to us some more.. i did hte agoraphobia number myself for almost 12 yrs.. is very rough and terrrible alone during this all..

please take a look at all the forums on here.. lots of ones to read and maybe post again there yourself.. got any questions about this place please just let us know.. talke care, Jim
  3. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Hello there. Welcome to you.
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hi Kim, I am agoriphobic and have social phobia also topped off with paranoia and a list of other things.. The only time I go out is for doctor appointments and to pick up my prescriptions.The rest of the time I am in my bedroom 24/7,..So I well relate to you.. I've been like this for 27 years..Sure I have suicidal thoughts but I come on here and tell all and the peeps here give me the support..I hope you find peace being here..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.