Hello SF. :)

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Chris Is Alive, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Is Alive

Chris Is Alive New Member

Hi, my name is Chris and I've been dealing with depression for around 4 years, I am currently 14. I am also dealing with bad Social anxiety which started in the ending quarters of 7th grade. Just started 8th grade 3 weeks ago and am having a hard time staying focus on my schoolwork and other things school related. I just wanted to post this as a Hello to everyone and hopefully get to know some of you. :)
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hello Chris, welcome to SF. I hope that being on this site will be helpful to you.
  3. dragonfly70

dragonfly70 Well-Known Member

Hi Chris - I like your screen name. It shows a lot of hope.

I have a daughter about your age. I was wondering if you've talked to your parents about how you're feeling and if you have any special help at school for when you're not feeling well. My daughter has an IEP, which is basically a plan that the school has drawn up to help her cope with the demands of school. There are things that the school can do to help you stay focused and get through other issues that may come up. Also, I noticed that you're in Alaska - it's starting to get dark there, I would imagine. Does that make things worse for you? My family uses a light box to help us get through the cold, dark northern New England winters. Just a thought in case that's something you haven't tried yet.

Welcome to the boards.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.