Hello & thank you

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Bath, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bath

Bath Member

Hello everybody, my name is Beth, or you can call me Bath, stemmed from a nickname from another forum with similiar topic matters from when I was a teenager. I have bipolar disorder type I and have battled addiction off and on for the past 6 years. Right now I'm on mobile but when I get on a computer I'll post a proper "My Story", for now I'd like to thank everybody and the staff of this community for providing this space that I hope will help as catharsis, since I have nobody else to talk to in my life at this time, and after lurking for a little bit and reading the guidelines and seeing the forum decently active gives me some hope for a place where people understand in a really, extremely dark time of my life, for some relief, for some support. I'm no stranger to forums so the format is very comforting and familiar. I appreciate so so very much having this space available helping many people during the most hardest difficult trials in all of our lives, thank you

Topz likes this.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Beth and welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found us and decided to join :) Addiction is a tricky issue, are you getting professional help for it? I'm sorry you are feeling so low but glad you are here and you can always talk to us, no one here will judge you, hugs x

p.s we also have a chat room (bottom right hand corner of the forum )

3. Bath

Bath Member

Thank you Petal:) I have currently been sober for 2 months but recovery has been extremely draining trying not to relapse since I've been doing it alone. At this time in my life I'm not getting any professional help, I was but couldnt afford it anymore even with financial aid. Hugs to you as well x

4. Petal

Yay! 2 months sober is excellent, you should be proud of yourself. I'm sure your body is thanking you too. I had an issue with codeine for a while but am completely off it 3 months now. I know how hard it is doing it alone, is there a NA (narcotics Anonymous) near you? I hope that in the future you will be able to seek professional help and advice, you deserve it and it will be a very hard process dealing with your issues on your own, not saying you can't do it, just that it's tough! :)

5. Bath

Bath Member

It's the longest I've been sober in the past two years:) the nearest NA is a long bus ride away and I have gone in the past but this time around I havent had any energy to get myself up and dressed and motivated for the bus ride/ walking it takes to get there since I can't drive. I'm trying to remind myself that life is crazy and opportunities will always come up and I'm still clinging onto the tiniest bits of hope and determination that I do have. Just right now I'm in a void and my suicidal ideation has gotten extremely real and scary, considering hospitalization but I want to try everything and anything else to avoid that hospital bill, but if I have no choice I will. Focusing all of my energy on coping until then.

6. Petal

Again, well done! You are doing great! I can understand not wanting to get out or go anywhere, classic symptom of depression. You are right to cling onto hope, keep hope alive always. Maybe in time you will feel more up to doing things and get help, so proud of you for being 2 months sober, you should treat yourself to something nice because of it, lots of tlc :) You will get through this tough time and we'll help you along the way!!

7. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hey Beth, welcome to the site. I'm glad you found us. *hug*

8. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum Beth, I'm sure you'll find the support you need here and the people on this forum are the best :)
    Brian

9. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum @Bath !

I really hope you find the support you are looking for on here on the forum or chat rooms! And know my inbox is always open too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.