Hello there...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Oblivion Seeker, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oblivion Seeker

Oblivion Seeker Active Member

Ah well feels like a duty to post here before getting to the serious stuff so here goes... I am ******, 17, looking for a way to end my life without too much pain ^^
    <Mod Edit: asking for methods>

So see ya in the other sections of the forum XD

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2007
  2. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

This is a pro life site, no one here will help you harm yourself in any way, which includes giving methods for you to carry out

i hope you are able to find some support here and feel better soon :hug:

3. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Hey there.

As I've said in reply to your other post, we won't give you methods or ways to terminate your life here, but please do talk to us as to what's got you here, and try and let us support you in staying alive :)

Take care

4. Oblivion Seeker

Thanks for trying guys... As I said on the other thread, good luck for helping the others, I for one will not be getting what I need here (I had guessed as much but still thought it worth a try) so adios !

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. I hope you will at least give us a chance to help you maybe find a little hope. At 17 it is sad to see you with that strong of desire that you do not even wish to try. You must have oart of you that would like to stay otherwise you would not have posted here.

6. Oblivion Seeker

I wish I did want to stay and if someone could help me be happy I really would like it... but the thing is that whatever people tell me to try to boost me up, it does not work, things such as "look at x or y who is so much more miserable than you it should make you be happy considering your wonderful life" do not help at all, on the contrary, and anything people ever say to make me feel better does not work on the long term...

I just want it all to end... to sleep without waking up and to be in the world of oblivion... why is it asking for too much ?

7. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

people who say things like that are clueless and have never suffered from depression, yes there are people who have it worse in the world, but we all deal with things our own way. It's no ones fault if they don't handle things as well as others. That doesn't mean there's no hope for you though, ok depression and suicidal feelings wont go away in a heart beat, but with some effort, and some outside help if you need it, things can turn around. i joined this site in december 04 wanting to die, and while im still not the happiest person in the world things have gotten better and, if nothing else, im still here

8. Oblivion Seeker

What's the point of living if you're unhappy ? (you not you bunny but a general you)
    Alright when I'm happy everything is fine, but on the long term, the more life goes on, the more unhappy I am... I don't see the point... Especially when i think that it won't get much better even though yes I am only 17...

(Yes as you may have noticed I am giving you a chance, it looks as though I'm on a talkative mood ^^)

9. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

im glad youre giving us a chance, i hope you keep doing so.

youve just said you dont see the point because you don't think things will get better, but how do you know they wont? if you get help, and activly work towards making things better they can be, that might mean getting out of a bad situation, getting a better job, doing more things you enjoy, or anything that might help

doing something positive means things can get better, but you have to try for it

10. Oblivion Seeker

When I do things I enjoy, of course I'm happy during those moments, and if I could just keep doing that, then I would not be unhappy that's for sure... but life is just so much filled with things we have to do and hate doing, it eats all the good stuff away...

I'm in my last high school year, the crucial one as everyone likes pointing out to me, in the process of applying for universities and all... but I just don't see the point of it : best case scenario, I get accepted do my studies get a job...earn money and keep on trying to reach happiness at the next step...cool...that's just so great a life... In any case at the end, you die...so what's the point in living I don't know how many years waiting for it in misery ? I just don't want to keep on living with my self-tortured mind...

And also, in any case, with the state of mind I'm in since the past year or so (yep I've been in this miserable mood since about a year, it's not going away contrarily to what I was hoping...), I just can't get to work on my studies (for instance right now, or rather since a week, I had planned to work on an essay on the cold war, and instead I'm here...) so I won't manage to get where I would like to in my life... so even when I am doing things I like I feel guilty cos I should be working and so, whatever I do, in the end, I end up unhappy and depressed...

11. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

firstly :welcome:

you are not alone, there are so many people here who have been or are going thru what you are. give them a chance, talk to some of them, find out what helps them get through each day.

12. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF, and i hope we can give you a chance to feel better.
    :hug:

13. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

:welcome: to sf. i for one hope you at least give us a chance. we are here to support each other. and we do. please take care and be safe.
    if you want to talk, you can find me on msn.:hugs:

14. Oblivion Seeker

Thank you all...
    Feeling a bit better today (or rather forcing myself to i guess), I've decided to stop pondering on why life is just so full of crap and get on with it since I've not yet found an easy way to end it all and I'm too weak-spirited to kill myself in any case I guess...

If I need to talk I know where to come, thanks again ^^

15. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF :smile: :hug: x

16. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.