Hello there

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by cathyr, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cathyr

cathyr Member & Antiquities Friend

I posted a sort of intro in the Suicide forum before I saw this forum. I am currently a caregiver for my 83 year old dad who has dementia, and I am a lifelong depression sufferer. This year the holidays have really hit me hard, I don't know if it's my dad getting worse or lack of money or my meds not working right...or all three. I do not want to celebrate Christmas this year because all I feel are the losses in my life.

I hope to get to know everyone here. Happy holidays.

2. black_rose_99

black_rose_99 Well-Known Member

Hi Cath

I am new here too, but so grateful to have found somewhere that people might understand. I am not looking forward to Christmas either (although I was about two weeks ago!) and I will be wishing you all the best getting through the holiday period.

xx

3. cathyr

cathyr Member & Antiquities Friend

Thank you Blackrose, people seem very nice here.

I hope you get through the holidays also. I am not going out tommorow, dad and I are staying home and ordering in Chinese. My sister is taking him for the afternoon today for an early Christmas Eve dinner and she knows that I do not feel up to coming.

HUGGS.

4. black_rose_99

black_rose_99 Well-Known Member

I think it's so great you at least have your dad to spend Christmas with. I have absolutely no one, so any Chinese I order will be eaten entirely by msyself - which is OK since I hate sharing prawn crackers! ;) I hope that you are able to survive Christmas night without too much pain, I definitely understand not being able to go out! Sending you loads of hugs xxxx

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Ho Cathy, welcome to the forums.. At least you have your dad.. I saw mine this christmas and he is looking bad..He doesn't have much longer to live..You should do what is comfortable to you.. I'll be spending New Years alone.. Me and my dog and a bottle of rum..I only drink during the holidays to help me get thru them.. I hope you hang on and get to know the people here..

6. CarolS

CarolS New Member & Antiquities Friend

Hi Cathy,

I think your gonna like it here. Every member I've met here cares about those around them. I look forward to chatting with you sometime.

7. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF Cathy! :) I'm sorry you are going through some rough spots. I hope we can help you here hun. There are a lot of us here who are understanding and want to help each other. I hope you will feel better soon. I'm here if you need to talk anytime! Take Care hun! And Welcome!!!!

8. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

:hiya: Welcome to SF, I hope you find the help and support you need here.

Take Care

Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.