Hello there.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Carpediem, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpediem

Carpediem Member

I never actually thought I would join one of these forums, for I simply never thought I would feel like this. Hi I'm Andy I'm 18 and live in the UK, I was pretty unsure on if it is a right thing to open my frustrations and find some advice online or not, but I just want to try anything. My life is pretty much pants atm. For the past 2 years I have been unable to walk due to severe breaks in my feet, I am on the mend again thankfully. I have other frustrations in my life such as relationships gone wrong which although I understand is a part of life still hurts the same, I watched one of my best friends start a relationship with the girl I love, and have done for five years, and I'm ashamed that I was jealous. I've been having suicidal thoughts frequently for about a month now, the reason why I decided to join today was because of how close I came to carrying out my actions, I want somewhere I can be open about how I feel, because I know keeping this to myself can't be doing me any good.
  2. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

I'm glad you found the site Andy - and I'm impressed you recognise keeping things to yourself doesn't always help. Feel free to drop me a line on PM if you ever want to talk things over,

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just want to say hi.

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain emotionally glad to hear you are mending physically. Have you reached out at all to get help for your depression. Talk with your GP maybe try some meds or therapy. It does help.
    YOu will meet another person yu will but first things first you need to get yourself some help to pull out of this downward spiral you have been in.

Good step coming here and talking okay as it does help to release one thoughts and sadness. Keep posting okay so others can support you hugs
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Andy, welcome to the forums. I'm glad you joined. :smile:
  5. Romancer

Romancer Well-Known Member

welcome :) you can always share your thoughts here.
  6. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Hi there. It's good to have you here on the forum. Have you thought about seeking help from your GP? Or even The Samaritans? Talking through how you feel with us will helps so much. Be kind to yourself.
  7. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Hello Andy. Welcome to SF. I'm glad you're reaching out. I hope you find the support you are looking for. If you ever need someone to talk to or need anything feel free to PM me. :hug:
  8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!!
  9. Carpediem

Carpediem Member

I doubt my GP would give me anything, as he already subscribes me tramadol as a pain killer for my feet.
  10. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.