Hello There.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by ZebraAmongLions, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZebraAmongLions

ZebraAmongLions New Member

I'm not really sure if this is a good idea or a bad one, but I thought it was worth a shot.

At any rate, hello, you can call me Zebra.

I have been depressed and suicidal for many years, and since trying to talk to people I personally know about it never seems to work, I thought talking to strangers might be better.
    I'm not going to tell you too much here since I think that would be more worthwhile in another place on this forum.

I don't expect to fit in here, as I don't fit in anywhere, but regardless, it's nice to meet any who view this thread.
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Zebra, welcome to SF. I hope you will be able to find the help and support you're looking for here. It's been helpful to me and everyone is pretty friendly.
  3. ZebraAmongLions

ZebraAmongLions New Member

I don't know...I popped into the chat for a moment and it didn't seem to go that well.
    Thank you at any rate, but I think I've changed my mind about posting on here.
    I don't even think posting on a place like this will do me any good. No matter where I go, I seem to irritate people just by being who I am.

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience in chat...I've never been on there so I'm not sure of how it works. I hope that doesn't discourage you because I know that most people here aren't hurtful or judgmental.
  5. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Well, hi Zebra from another Zebra. I know full well what you mean when everyone else seems to be roaring like lions and all we can say is a "neigh......" Hope you stay and post some more....
  6. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Cooee, Zebra, and welcome to perhaps the friendliest place on the whole of the internet!

When it comes to talking about our problems, it is always unsettling when the person we talk to is a family member or a friend or generally someone who has been in our lives long enough to know us intimately and it can be pretty intimidating, to say the least. The same is somewhat true for the internet, with all of the contacts and friends we make around the World, but the internet has one distinct advantage (and disadvantage,depending on situation): you can log off and leave it at any time of your desire. Ah, if only that were true of the Real World...!
    Anyway, when it comes to the internet, without a face or physical interaction between you and someone else, it is very much easier to express your feelings and let things out, when everything is just words on your computer screen. But while that can be a blessing, do not think that anything said is not as real as anything said in the Real World. Speak what is on your mind at any time of the day or night with confidence and reassurance that on SF at least, anything you have to say is always given the highest and caring priority.

But above all, grab a drink, have some :bubbles: and join in the :hamtaro: dance with me!
    (that little fellow is sure to always make you crack a smile!)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.