hello to all, and a small amount on myself

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by sandalwood, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandalwood

sandalwood Well-Known Member

hello to everyone in these forums,

i've never really posted about these things before, so i'm not sure how writing this is going to go. i'm a little nervous about it.
    my problems really started with health anxiety. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=healthanxiety) i'm not sure how many people here are aware of this condition, but i had a very bad case of it till a year or so ago... bad to the point of not leaving my room for two months and nearly being committed by my loved ones. terrified of this, i fought against the idea and agreed to see someone and fight through it myself. now after a year of psychotherapy i pretty much have it under control. and have not had a panic attack for about a year.
    since then i have suffered from a more general depression, and lately it has reached its worst. i think about suicide every day, and it seems to just get stronger. i can't really explain it very well because i find it incredibly difficult to talk about my feelings. i am quite sure that nobody i know knows i am even that low, let alone having suicidal thoughts. i cannot even begin to imagine how i would tell anybody. i am becoming more and more closed in, and i feel as though nobody really knows who i am anymore.

hoping that this forum will help me learn to open out and to meet some good people.

-sandalwood

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

:welcome:
    I hope talking here will help you figure things out a little :biggrin:

3. sandalwood

sandalwood Well-Known Member

thank you for the welcome. i hope so too

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. I am sure you will find support here with us. :hug:

5. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :hug:

7. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!
    I hope you enjoy your stay here and find all the support you need!

8. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

Here if you want to talk.

Sam
    xxxx

9. sakuragirl

sakuragirl Well-Known Member

:welcome:

10. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

Welcome, and just that you wrote it down is a start. Me no shaman:unsure:
    But best you let it out-I do. I call it "life". Have no problem w/ showing my true hidden emotions. Lotsa support here if u find your niche. If not and you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me. (Alice Roosevelt Longworth quoted somewhere or other). Just let it all out, and you never know-you may start A Riddle. Or a rave, ya never really know?:blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.