Hello to all...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Theuvari, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theuvari

Theuvari New Member

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and I thought it was best if I made a quick post just to say hello to everyone and to tell you a bit about myself.
    I'm really glad that I found this site (and wish I had done so before) as where I live the whole topic of mental health is wildly taboo and I don't really have any sort of support network or professionals who I can talk to.

On good days I tend to be cheery and quite enjoy living but life does tend to get me down over time and my bouts of depression usually come in waves. I have attempted suicide in the past and although I haven't ended up at a crisis point in the last year I do still struggle with suicidal thoughts. I have also struggled with addiction which contributed to many of my problems but I like to think that I've permanently kicked the habit now (5 years & 2 months clean!!).
    Perhaps that issue is one which I can help others with in the same way that I hope to be helped with my depression.

I'll also add that I'm posting this on a good day and I've been fairly happy for the last few weeks :)

T.

- One last thing: I am also an insomniac so if anyone, anywhere in the world wants to talk at any crazy time of the night I'm usually free... :)

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi and welcome. Huge congrats on being clean for so long, that's awesome and something you should be proud of!! :smile:

3. Theuvari

Theuvari New Member

Thank you :)
    I don't think I've actually told anyone that for a long time so it feels really good to say (even if it is just typing).
    I suppose I should be proud of that but I'm usually more embarrassed by it. I'm not sure about other people but personally I also often have the line of thought that the longer I'm clean the bigger the fall will be if I relapse.

4. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum! I think it's great that your willing to help others. That's a wonderful trait.
    I'm an insomniac and stay up late, so if you ever wanna chat I'll be around.

5. Theuvari

Theuvari New Member

Thanks :) It's always nice to know there is someone around who you can chat to rather than pointlessly trying to sleep.

6. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Theuvari, hi and big welcome.. We got some things in common and hope we get to talk about them sometime!!!! Congrats on staying clean.. Big deal and oh soooo good.. Sorry that mental illness is a taboo subject in your area cause with professional help antidepressants sometimes can really help..

Please don't be a stranger now that you have started talking here.. Get any questions about this place and us please let us know!!! Take care, Jim

7. MikeB

MikeB Member

I know the feeling.

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

A huge congrats on being clean for so long, you must be so proud! welcome to the forums, don't be shy, we're a friendly bunch!

9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF. I am glad you joined us :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.