Hello to the forum

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Jeffina, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeffina

Jeffina Member

Hey all... was lurking for a little while but decided to post and say hello to try and maybe get some help/support.

Little background, 30-something female with a chronic long term illness.

I have depression as a result of the illness (I'm pretty sure it's not the other way around as I have been through tough times but never found myself in the black pit before), it is unfortunately one of the symptoms.

I'm currently housebound - I do not work as I am not able to and I am feeling... well.... very bleak right now.

I am a drain on my nearest and dearest and feel like a burden to everyone (emotionally and financially). My marriage is on the verge of breakdown and I simply cannot see the point in struggling on any more.

Anyways... it's nice to meet you guys and finally vent my feelings.

Jeffina. x
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi and welcome to SF!!
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...please continue to post and let us know how you are doing...there are so many ppl here who truly understand...welcome again and hope to see you around, big hugs, J
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi ya glad you reached out for support lots of caring people here
  5. Jeffina

Jeffina Member

Thanks for the welcome :)

It does actually feel better to get something 'out there' if you know what I mean. Actually admitting how I feel makes me feel less like I need to scream all the time.

Just in that place where everything feels wrong... and I don't know if I can put it all right.

Things never used to be like this - only 3 short years ago I was very happy with my life. Funny how things can change so easily isn't it?

Jeffina. x
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Jeffina, welcome to sf!
  7. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF. Please write your name on the sticker tag. Free coffee and donut can be found in the corner. And no we dont have croissant.
  8. Jeffina

Jeffina Member

What's the sticker tag? I'm a little slow... :rolleyes:

Don't worry, I don't need any food... I'm trying to lose weight which I hate!

Jeffina. x
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I am glad you found us and had the corage to post. Sometimes sharing how you feel and getting it out in the open can take the edge off of it. :hug:
  10. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Heyroo Jeffina....

Glad to hear that you found us. I hope that you can find our community hospitable, and willing to help. Talk to you soon!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.