Hello world

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by TuNeCedeMalis, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TuNeCedeMalis

TuNeCedeMalis New Member

My name is Trent, I'm 24 years old, and I'm here because my sister attempted suicide on Friday. She survived, she's going to be fine physically, and she's at the hospital. I was with her all day on Saturday when she was in Intensive Care, but now she's on the Behavioral Health floor and the visiting hours are much more restrictive, plus she doesn't want to be visited for more than 15 or 30 minutes at a crack, if at all. Conversation has been superficial because she clams up whenever the talk starts to hit too close to home for her. Better to talk about the weather and see her than not seeing or talking to her at all.

She signed a chapter 51 on Saturday morning, so she's definitely there until Wednesday (tomorrow.) Although I haven't talked to her psychiatrist yet, I found out today that she's likely to get a 14 day extension, mandated by a judge and her doctor.

What I want to get out of joining this forum is information and advice from people who have gone through this before, specifically family members of those who have attempted, and more specific still, the one family member who's going to have to take the lead in their loved one's recovery. I believe the situation requires this of me. And since I've never thought about this scenario (didn't even know she was suffering depression, or at least not to this extent, until this weekend), it's time for me to start talking to people in the know.

One thing I feel I should add is that I don't require the niceties and cliches that an emotionally distressed person might. I appreciate the thought, but I'm focused on the tactics of fixing a broken spirit. I'm determined to study her affliction like a scientist would conduct research or a general would order his soldiers - logically and methodically, without emotion or euphemism. In the words of FDR - "This is preeminently the time to speak the truth, the whole truth, frankly and boldly." I'm not here to feel better about myself, I'm here to learn her affliction well enough to help her destroy it.

Nice to meet you all, I hope my intro wasn't too abrasive, and I look forward to talking to some of you in the future. I should also say "thank you, sincerely, a thousand times" in advance to everyone here who talks to me about this. Everyone around me who offers their insight, advice, or even just attention, your assistance is indispensable. Best regards to all!

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011
  2. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

I am sorry to hear about your sister, I hope all goes well for her and for you. I understand how you both feel and wish you all the best. You wont be judged here so feel free to post in and around the forum, i hope you find the support and advice you are seeking. take care of you x Amy

3. Monoka

Monoka Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.