Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by littleallen, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littleallen

littleallen Member

My name is Allen.
    I have had some drastic changes in my life over the past few years.
    In 2009 I was DX with Multiple sclerosis, I was always the income earner for my family, now I am a financial burden. I am in pain all the time losing use of my right leg and arm. One more miserable Xmas I don't think we will ever catch up on medical bills because I stack them up more as time goes on, I am having a hard time trying to decide if my family is better off with me around or gone, I am feeling so useless just a burden. The only thing that keeps me going to this point is my kids. we are over the two years mark for my wifes insurance and have read our policy my family would get paid. Someone I know put me on to this site.

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am glad you stopped by here for support Allen. I am in a very similar situation, basically a difference in diagnosis and some symptoms being the difference but the same decision making process everyday of what would be best for my family. I would happily discuss the situation and the way my thoughts have evolved over the last couple years if it would be helpful to you or you would like to discuss more. Feel free to private message me if you want to talk (click on my username and select private message).

Take Care and Be Safe

3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

This one is easy to resolve.

Turn the hat around. Imagine for a moment that it is not you that is sick. Imagine you are as healthy as you could ever be. Up every day, working hard, coming home, smiling, happy, productive, loving. Now imagine that someone in your family, someone that you love, has an illness and it is incapacitating them.

Would you want THEM gone??
  4. exkend

exkend Well-Known Member

Pickwithaustin: well said.

littleallen, your strength of character will be sorely tested through this time, but it can give you the opportunity to understand mental health, faith, hope, love, intelligence and communication with others. This is a new chapter in your life and you need to adjust accordingly, the old comfortable you is gone and now you need to create a new identity, social group and self image. I wish you all the best.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.