Discussion in 'Welcome' started by momroe60, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. momroe60

momroe60 Member

Thank you for this forum. Now I don't feel so alone. I am so isolated from my family; they just don't understand why I'm not happy. Well, over the course of 4 years, I lost my Mother, my Cousin, and my 24 year marriage. He left me for someone half his age. Isn't that always the way? He blind-sided me with this news out of the blue one day, and in one year, I lost my home, my Husband, and my way of life, as I knew it. All my so-called friends went with him, which left me horribly alone. I moved 45 minutes away from them, but I am also far away from my beloved Daughter. She is the one and only reason I keep holding on. But it gets harder every single day. Sometimes, I just want to go to sleep, and never wake up. (sigh) My cousin tells me to becareful what I wish for, but would that be so bad? Probably. I'd miss my darling child, and she would miss me as much as I miss my Mother.
    So, it's another day, and I am still holding on.

momroe, and yes, I am 60
  2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi and warm welcome to you momroe.. i am 65 so do understand some of what you are facing.. my ex now left in 1990 with no notice. a big hole and me left in a sorry state.. i am better much now. willing to listen to you and try to help best i can.. lots of good nice people on here momroe.. look around some at all the other forums.. chatrooms pretty busy most times also. got any questions about this place just let us know.. hope to hear some more from you.. tc, jim
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome from another Baby Boomer...it is amazing you are still typing with all you have gone through...are you receiving counseling (in the least) as you have had so many losses...please continue to post and know there are many of us here who know what an 8-Track is!
  4. posey5

posey5 New Member

welcome to the forum
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi momroe60 I do understand hun the want to go but as you i have a daughter that would be devastated if i left. I am glad you are here hun as you are not alone now ok
    Lots of caring people here hun to talk to
  6. momroe60

momroe60 Member

Thanks for all of your lovely replies. I'm glad to be here, and will post as often as I can. Chat sounds good too. Need people to talk to who feel the same as I do.
  7. mackaroni

mackaroni Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF! I am new here as well and will help and support you on your journey as much as possible! Take good care of you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.