Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Tanee, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tanee

Tanee Active Member

Hi, my name is Tanee and I'm new here.
    I'm a 23 year old Rapid Cycling Bi-Polar.
    I'm feeling very...lost lately. I'm hoping to find people to talk to who can understand what it feels like to not be in control of your own thoughts all the time.
    My fiance doesn't understand...every time I mention feeling bad, her first instinct is to call the in-patient center. While I have no problems with the in-patient center, I think it's fantastic for some people, when I'm admitted I more isolated and it makes me a little bit worse. She doesn't get it. Lately, she's just going with the "Well, I don't know what to do" stance when I tell her I'm feeling worse or the depression is flaring up again. She doesn't understand that I'm not asking her to fix me.

Well, thanks for reading. :)
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

She is feeling helpless hun she perhaps would benefit from going into a therapy group that is for carers or supporters of loved ones with mental illness
    It is so hard for loved ones because truly they do not understand what we are going through hun Perhaps if she gained some knowlege through group sessions she would feel she has some kind of control in being there for you .
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Tanee~ welcome to the forums :hug: I am sure you will find people here that will understand what you are going through!
  4. Tanee

Tanee Active Member

Thank you both for the welcome. :)

@Total Eclipse - I've tried getting her to go to therapy for caregivers, but she doesn't think she needs it. My Psychiatrist also wants her to come to our appointments, but she doesn't seem to want to do that either. =/

@CocaCola Thank you! *hug*
  5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi Tanee..warm welcome.. We are not going to try and fix you here!!! Just try to be friends and listen and support some. Have fought depression myself forever..touches of mania also.. Lots here that do understand your demons.. Hope to hear from you again.. Jim
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.