Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Paul S, Aug 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul S

Paul S Member

Hi there, Paul here.

Just registered, thought I'd say hello.

In a bit of a dire situation with no apparent solution. I found this place via Googling earlier out of curiosity.

Not properly attempted to pull the plug yet but I'm preparing. I've even written the notes (but I'll probably think of more that I need to write....).

Anyway, gonna look round here first (and elsewhere) as it's a calm, sunny Sunday and so there's little chance of getting hassle, so no rush right now.

Best wishes,

2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi Paul
    I am sorry about the pain that brings you here. But glad you found this community. I hope you will feel comfortable talking a bit more in the forums here about whats going on. I do find that this community helps me to not feel so alone in what I am going through. Of course, I hope that you stay safe and alive.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Paul hope you do stay on hun keep posting there is no rush to make any decision. Here we all support each other friendly community Let us know what is happening ok so we can support you
  4. Paul S

Paul S Member

Thanks folks.
  5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hello Paul and warm welcome.. We are very pro life and living on here..makes it easier to keep the membership count up that way..lol

Would like you to stay around Sir.. Lots of other really troubled and sometimes down ppl here..hopefully you will get to feeling safe and welcome around here.. As long as you are still talking and letting some of it out with us that is good and progress hon..

Have any questions please let us know.. Take care, hope to hear from you some more.. Jim
  6. Paul S

Paul S Member

I've decided not to do owt drastic today, but to later try to mend things a little by emailing a couple of people that might be able to help (once I've figured-out what to type).
  7. Paul S

Paul S Member

Hello again folks. As you can tell, I am still around and about. I think that I've really turned a corner. I was at the bottom and it all seemed so very bleak. But some friends reminded me of what a great man they though I was and it helped alot. I have also been offered a job and I accepted. It will be hard in the early days but I'll do my best.

If you have internet access, use it as much as you can! it might have saved me. Ignore the idiots out there but try to find friends that can help. They may be old friends, family or new friends but they all count. If you have the chance to put the spade-work in then hopefully it will bear (bare?) fruit.

Anyway, I wish you all the best and I hope that my words are of help.

Paul :)
  8. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, Paul S...I always love to read that someone has made lots of progress. Thank you for updating us. I am so glad you kept striving and things got better. :arms:
  9. Paul S

Paul S Member

Thanks very much and I send the hug back to you! x

I know that it's easier to say than do, but everyone if you can talk to others then do so! it can make all the difference. Ignore the idiots if you can and heed the wise. ;) x
  10. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Paul, this thread is the perfect example of how taking ones own life can be cheating themselves out of any future happiness and success. Thank you for the update. It means a lot to me to read it. Congratulations on your new job. Also, thank you for the words of wisdom. They are right on !! :hug:
  11. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Good to hear you are doing better Paul hope the new job brings you even more friends hugs
  12. BigC

BigC Member

hi paul.

im happy to hear you are still out there now. And i wish you all the best with your new job.
    Me too, recently was at the bottom of thoughts. i even put through with my ideas on it.

Last may i tried to commit suicide 2 times. I know i have lots of people around me, who care about me too.
    Still, after my first attempt, i was not over it. The only thing i worried about was, how i could still survived it. So after a few days, while keep some people at a leap, i made my second effort.

I know i am very lucky to be still here right now, although i'm not a cat, i dont have 9 lives.
    We all have our problems. and after my second attempt, i got into this mental wing of the hospital where psychiatrists examined me. Nobody could tell me what my mental problem really was.

Now it's september, 4 months later. and i'm still here. And im lucky i am.
    Now i get help too, i was almost kicked out of my rental home, i took over after my mom passed away.

And now i'm at this social worker too. she recommended me to talk with her more. and i found out it made me feel much better to talk with complete strangers about my problems.
    So that's why i came here too. Also i started a website with my blog on it about what happened and what got me that far.

Anyway, i hope you could post some more here too. and take care ok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.