Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by MsBookLover, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsBookLover

MsBookLover Member

I am new to this sort of thing so please forgive me if I make mistakes in this new setting. My name is Kay. I am a 27 year old female recently honorably discharged from the military. I was in for 5 years and got out due to an injury. After three reconstructive facial surgeries I've been trying to cope with my PTSD. My husband left me when I told him I was pregnant. So I am now a single mother of a beautiful 6 month old baby girl. The reason I am on this forum is for support. I have been to many therapists over the years, but I usually don't click with them and lose my faith quickly. I never stick around long enough to get anything accomplished. I was hospitalized in a mental facility for a month and that was the only time I really got mental health help. Now I am ready to get back to working on myself. I have a new therapist, Dr. F. She and I have only had one session, but we already have a game plan for getting me to stick to it and not fall in the wayside like before. I am hopeful, but not naive. Well, I guess that's all I have for my intro. I hope this forum gives me the support I need until I feel that my therapist can do that job. *fingers crossed!*

2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi Kay. I am so very sorry to hear that you were injured. Three surgeries and PTSD. How heartbreaking. I hope you find this a home you can come to. I know many do. Including myself. Here is where I do not have to hide the pain. Here is where I can be myself. And know that I will not stand out. It is a caring and good community.

I am glad you have a baby. this above everything else will give you the reason to go on. The reason to recover. If there was not any other reason, she is the very best there is. A mothers love.

I am very glad you are here, Kay. I hope your path is one of more ease as the months progress. for now, you have found what i consider to be a very good community.
    :welcome:

3. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

hi.

welcome to sf

hope you find this website useful

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.