1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by MsBookLover, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsBookLover

MsBookLover Member

I am new to this sort of thing so please forgive me if I make mistakes in this new setting. My name is Kay. I am a 27 year old female recently honorably discharged from the military. I was in for 5 years and got out due to an injury. After three reconstructive facial surgeries I've been trying to cope with my PTSD. My husband left me when I told him I was pregnant. So I am now a single mother of a beautiful 6 month old baby girl. The reason I am on this forum is for support. I have been to many therapists over the years, but I usually don't click with them and lose my faith quickly. I never stick around long enough to get anything accomplished. I was hospitalized in a mental facility for a month and that was the only time I really got mental health help. Now I am ready to get back to working on myself. I have a new therapist, Dr. F. She and I have only had one session, but we already have a game plan for getting me to stick to it and not fall in the wayside like before. I am hopeful, but not naive. Well, I guess that's all I have for my intro. I hope this forum gives me the support I need until I feel that my therapist can do that job. *fingers crossed!*

2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi Kay. I am so very sorry to hear that you were injured. Three surgeries and PTSD. How heartbreaking. I hope you find this a home you can come to. I know many do. Including myself. Here is where I do not have to hide the pain. Here is where I can be myself. And know that I will not stand out. It is a caring and good community.

I am glad you have a baby. this above everything else will give you the reason to go on. The reason to recover. If there was not any other reason, she is the very best there is. A mothers love.

I am very glad you are here, Kay. I hope your path is one of more ease as the months progress. for now, you have found what i consider to be a very good community.
    :welcome:

3. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

hi.

welcome to sf

hope you find this website useful

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.